• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

No objects

Country
unitedkingdom
Trying to post about no objects.but am now getting attached error message on startup.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 03.png
    ScreenHunter 03.png
    804 KB · Views: 150
  • ScreenHunter 03.png
    ScreenHunter 03.png
    804 KB · Views: 149

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No. if the file is corrupt then that's it. Do other project file load OK? Post the problem file here so we can look at it.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Good point Guenther. That will stop ADE trying to load the corrupt file and allow it to open. You can do this via Settings > Options > General and uncheck the setting 'Load Last Project'

1562916868339.png

I would still like to see the file to understand how it is corrupted

Country
unitedkingdom
Just done a quick test.

My settings.ini: LoadLastProject=True
In ADE, saved a temporary file "XXXX_ADE_XXX.ad4. Closed ADE.
Deleted this saved file so it no longer exists.
Open ADE, message comes up about not being able to open the file, click on OK and ADE opens normally but without opening an airport file. Can open any other file.
Conclusion - the LoadLastProject=False / True status does not cause ADE to refuse to open up if the 'LastProject' no longer exists.
I would suspect that it is an ADE program file that has got corrupted not an ad4 file.

EDIT
It has just occurred to me that, if the LastProject file has been corrupted and ADE therefore cannot open it, does ADE react differently to the 'absence' of the LastProject file as per my above post.
Jon perhaps you could answer this?

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It should come up with a missing file message. That should take priority I've the corrupt file message.

Country
unitedkingdom
Sorry Jon.I do not understand which file you wish to see,and where it is.This is my settings page.There is space for ...load last project...but no text.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 17.png
    ScreenHunter 17.png
    920.5 KB · Views: 153

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - seems you have no ProKey installed. However that means it might be something else. Make sure ADE is not running. Go to the FSX sub-folder inside the ADE main folder. Find these files

1562924838276.png

Delete both of them and try to start ADE again

Country
unitedkingdom
Yes,that lets ADE start normally.I have a ProKey somewhere in my backups,but have never needed to use it.I do not wish to complicate things further,but I have 2 other computers which have had their Cdrives changed and they do not show objects on my airfields.Apart from the black boxes,the few objects which show up and are named on the ADE map,do not show on the sim.I have downloaded a few other peoples WW2 airfields which use the same objects,and they show in FSX.I feel I must be doing something wrong in reinstalling ADE.

Country
unitedkingdom
My airfields have a title,say A108.In this folder in Addon scenery are two folders,Scenery and Texture.In the scenery folder are the ADE files,usually 4 of them.I open ADE,select open airport.browse to my addon scenery,scenery folder.I then select A108_ADE_PC.ad4 and clik open.This brings up the ADE map for A108.None of my previously planted objects are on the map,or on the airfield in FSX.Any new objects I plant show on the map and if they are static aircraft,they show as aircraft symbols on the map,suggesting to me that they have been selected from the LOM.I compile and save airport,but nothing shows on the airfield in FSX.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Try saving the AD4 file to the Desktop and then re-open that one and see if the objects are gone.

To get objects showing up in FS you will need to use File/Compile Airport to a BGL file(s), placed in the Addon Scenery/scenery folder.

Country
unitedkingdom
Tried that but no joy.I am compiling to that folder.I have tried planting a LOB default object without success,so objects I put in the LOM must be OK.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Without seeing the project file it is impossible for me to understand what the issue is.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Are you asking me? Is this the project file that you are having problems with or is it not?