• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

No objects

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The project file you posted, A114_ADE_PC contains three objects:

1563617337497.png

On my system they show up as black boxes which means that the information about them is not loaded into my Library Object Manager (LOM). This suggests they are not stock objects. If you have black boxes as shown in my screen you need to add the contents of the library object bgl file to the LOM and restart ADE,

If you have these showing as yellow boxes or shapes then ADE knows about them. However that does not mean they will automatically show up in the sim. There are a number of reasons
  • Loading the information about them into ADE does not automatically add the library object bgl file to the sim. So if the bgl file that contains the actual objects is not loaded into an active scenery area then the sim will not show them. Make sure you know where the bgl file containing the objects is and that it is in an active scenery folder (at least in the same folder alongside the bgl file containing the airport
  • If you have not transferred the textures for these objects into the sim into the corresponding texture folder alongside the scenery folder containing the library object bgl file with the objects then the objects most likely will not show up
  • If you have the scenery complexity setting for these objects (as shown in the object properties dialog) set to a higher level that the sim then they will not show up. The image complexity for the three objects in the file appear to be NORMAL but if the sim is set to SPARSE then they won't display.

Country
unitedkingdom
Try these

Attachments

• A114_ADE_PC_20190708210147.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 143
  • A114_ADE_PC.ad3
    27.6 KB · Views: 111
  • A114_ADE_PC.ad4
    29.5 KB · Views: 143
  • A114_ADEX_PC.BGL
    11.5 KB · Views: 151
  • A114_ADEX_PC_CVX.bgl
    373 bytes · Views: 128

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not what I asked for but I assume that you have posted the files in folder A114. that is two project files and two bgl files. One if the project files (.ad3) is very old. The other A114_ADE_PC.ad4 is the one you sent before. However the bgl files have a slightly different name format as if, at some time, you had another project file called A114_ADEX_PC.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If the bgl file A114_ADEX_PC.bgl is the one you are loading into FSX then it has no library objects in it. That is none are compiled.

1563621665197.png

This could be because:
  • You do indeed have another project file (A114_ADEX_PC) that you are actually compiling from and it has no library object in it
  • The project file has black box library objects in it - that is the objects have not been added to the LOM.
Can you please tell me if you actually know where the bgl file that contains the library objects that are in the project file is actually located?

Country
unitedkingdom
I have indeed put the objects bgl file into the LOM.I drew these airfields some years ago and I remember the ADEX suffix appearing,but the one I am opening at the moment has an ad4 suffix.I have the object bgls in Addonscenery\scenery folder and add them from there to LOM.I put textures into Addon scenery\texture.This shot from New User Wizard.Is that OK.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 06.png
    ScreenHunter 06.png
    744.2 KB · Views: 111

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK. I would like to concentrate on one project - let's say A114. According to your screenshot the project file (.ad4) is being saved in the FSX\Projects folder inside the ADE main folder. That is the default folder but I am not sure that your actual project is being saved there. There is a project specific setting file that you sent me in your original zip that has the folder to save that project shown here

1563636809005.png

I think there is more than one version of the project file and possible more than one set of bgl file for the airport. Can you please take a screenshot of the A114\scenery folder inside the Addon Scenery folder of your FSX installation. I need to see what files are in there.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Also please go to Files > Recent Files and if you can take a screenshot. This shows the project files that you have recently opened

Here is mine as an example

1563638655403.png

Country
unitedkingdom
The ...recent files...screen disappears when I try to photograph it.I will try some different programs.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 07.png
    ScreenHunter 07.png
    546 KB · Views: 125

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK so the project file that you seem to be loading and compiling is A114_ADE_PC.ad4 located in the ..\FSX\Projects sub folder inside the ADE Main folder. At least that is the last one loaded. Can you please find that one and attach it to a post?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK so this is the one you have been compiling to the A114 directory (I hope). Please go to Lists and Select Scenery Objects. Post a screenshot of the window. Should looks something like this

1563702358122.png

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK but this is still giving me a problem. If I am looking at the project file you sent me just now I get 5 scenery objects. If I look at your sceenshot which I hope is the same file you sent me then you only have 4 scenery objects. I really don't understand how that can happen. Other than we are still working with different files. I will try and sort that out later

The missing one seems to be the J3Cub.

It seems that the two black boxes (objects ADE knows nothing about) that I have are the B-17G Late and the bedford tanker.

• Please select the B-17G Late from the scenery object list. ADE should center on it in the display.
  • Close the list window and you should have that object in the middle of the display. Hover the mouse over it. If you can get a screenshot then please do otherwise please tell the the name of the file. This is an example
1563703977576.png

• Repeat this for the bedford tanker
I am trying to confirm which file contains these objects.

Last edited:
Country
unitedkingdom
When I open the A114_ADE_PC.ad4 file at the moment,I do not get any black boxes.The B17 is a small representation of a B17,and the others are yellow oblongs and a blip for the tanker.Mouse on B17 gives same screen as yours but with....NameB17G Late,File:Hobbs_Aircraft.bgl,and for the tanker...Name:bedford qlc tanker,File ijp_raf_ww2_bedford_ql bgl

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK. I need those two libraries as well as any textures that belong to them. Do you have them as downloads somewhere? Or can you please zip them up and attach them to a post. Please make sure to zip them and keep the textures separate from the bgl files

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - thanks - that works fine. I have them now. There are a couple more things I would like to check.

• Load the project file you sent me the scenery object list for in post #34 above. Now take a screenshot of the bottom information bar. It will contain the full path to the project file. As an example:
1563720093486.png

• Go to the main menu and Select Projects and then Find. This should like the project files that ADE knows about on your system. Something like this
1563720174163.png

• Finally please tell me how you normally open a project file after you start ADE.
Please be kind enough to answer all three of the points.