• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

No objects

Country
unitedkingdom
I clik File,Open Airport,then run through the string to Addon Scenery,A114,Scenery,clik on the A114 ad4 file,clik open,which brings up the ADE map.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 12.png
    ScreenHunter 12.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 133
  • ScreenHunter 13.png
    ScreenHunter 13.png
    484.9 KB · Views: 130

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Sorry, I am very confused here. What exactly is the problem you are currently having? You say that you now open these files and they contain valid Scenery Objects. If so, then what I thought was your original problem is solved. If they are displayed in the ADE airport map but do not appear in the sim, then a likely problem is that the library BGL file and its associated textures are not currently located in an active scenery and texture folder. ADE does not include the objects in the ADE BGL file, it only tells FS where to place them. The library BGL file (the one you loaded into the LOM) and the textures also have to be in FS.

Hope this helps,

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
@Tom I think you are right.

Peter

I also need you to confirm that the problem you had when this thread started is that those custom objects (the B17 and the refuelling truck ) are not showing up. I have now been able to compile your airport A114 and all objects (from stock files and from the custom libraries) appear.

The other issue I am seeing is that there are two versions of the project file and it seems that you may have edited them at different times and they contain different objects.

However please confirm that for you the stock objects (tent and C185) do show up but the two custom objects don't

Country
unitedkingdom
The phrase..In active scenery area...has always confused me.The file IJPFSXLibraries,which contains the Hobbs _Aircraft.bgl,which contains the B17 latebgl is in the scenery library.If I go from the scenery library,add area to the computers addon scenery,scenery list,only the IJPFSXLibraries is there,so I can not add the actual aircraft to the scenery library.Is that normal?Is having the IJP file in the library enough to make it show up?Jon,no,no objects show in the sim.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
If stock objects such as the C185 Wheeled and Military Tent are not showing then I suspect that, as well as having more than one project file, you have more than one bgl file containing the airport.

I think you said you were compiling to Addon Scenery\A114\scenery? If so how many bgl files start with A114_ ?

Country
unitedkingdom
These 3.Sometimes it lists the dates,which I think are 2010,2013 2019

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 15.png
    ScreenHunter 15.png
    456.3 KB · Views: 99

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Those are ADE project files. I am asking about compiled bgl files (. bgl)

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

The phrase..In active scenery area...has always confused me.

That's quite simple. Any folder on your hard drive than contains a scenery subfolder containing BGL files (and optionally a texture subfolder containing bitmap files) AND is listed in the Scenery Library listing AND is checked as Active is an Active Scenery Area.

The file IJPFSXLibraries, which contains the Hobbs _Aircraft.bgl

A file cannot contain a BGL file. Thus I assume you mean that IJPFSXLibraries is a folder. If so and it contains the Hobbs _Aircraft.bgl, then it will not load into FSX, since the BGL file is not in a scenery subfolder, which is required. If it is not in a scenery subfolder:

1. Create a scenery folder inside the IJPFSXLibraries folder. Create a texture folder as well.
2. Place the BGL files inside the scenery folder and the bitmap files inside the texture folder.

If that folder is not listed in the Scenery Library:
3. Add the IJPFSXLibraries folder as a layer in the Scenery Library. Its position in the list is not important.

Note that just because the IJPFSXLibraries folder may be located inside the Addon Scenery folder does NOT mean it will load into FS. Only BGL files loaded into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder will load in FS (assuming the Addon Scenery Layer is present in the Scenery Library and is checked as Active). In addition, you may not place the IJPFSXLibraries folder into the Addon Scenery/scenery folder and have it load into FS automatically. Only naked BGL files placed into a scenery subfolder will load, not BGL files placed inside other folders.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Peter

I loaded the bgl files into my copy of FSX (The CVX file is terrain date) and checked it by loading the airport bgl file into ADE. All four objects are in the bgl file you sent me. I ran ADE with your bgl files loaded; making sure they were the only ones. Everything works as it should, Here is a screenshot of the B-17 (the other three objects are present as well)

1563824708492.png

So we know your project and compiled files are fine and will show the objects. Please confirm again that you cannot see any of the four.

Country
unitedkingdom
Tom,Enclosed shows my Addon Scenery\scenery folder.IJP FSX Library is in the scenery library.If I select ww2 hangars from the LOM and plant it on the ADE map,it shows as a yellow rectangle.If I restart FSX it does not show on the airfield.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 16.png
    ScreenHunter 16.png
    432.8 KB · Views: 127
Country
unitedkingdom
Jon,I am amazed that you can see the B17.I originally drew 500 English WW2 airfields without any problems.I was churning them out like a Henry Ford production Line.I copied and pasted the Addon scenery,the Addon scenery\scenery and the ADE back up folders to external drives.I thought if I had a hard drive failure I would be able to copy them back onto the computer and have fully functional airfields,but all I have is the concrete.No,nothing is showing up yet on the A114 in FSX.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
This suggests that you have some other scenery files active for this area, as Jon said above, that contain an exclude rectangle for this airport area. It doesn't have to be for this airport specifically, it might be for any airport in the area (or it might even be one around the world if the author made a mistake on his/her coordinates). Move the A114 and IJP Library layers to the top of the list in the Scenery Library and see if they appear. If not, then you may have an addon like Orbx that takes control and ignores Scenery Library priorities.

Country
unitedkingdom
Tom.Thanks for your suggestions to try to solve my problem.You gave me a pointer in mentioning ORBX.I have their EUEngland scenery installed,which is a must have in improving the shape and positioning of trees in the English countryside.I think I have the four orbx files correctly positioned in my scenery library,but I find if I untick their cvx file.I get my airfield objects back and keep the Orbx trees.I will try the Orbx forum to find out more about it.Thanks again.

Country
unitedkingdom
Jon.For a free program, you have spent ages of your time trying to sort me out.I am amazed at your patience.Thankyou.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Yep, ORBX doesn't play by the rules, and will do such things. Hope you find a cure.

Country
belgium
I hope you don't mind continuing this thread as me too have problems with missing objects.
First off, I'm not a developer and not a software expert, you have been warned LOL
Basically, what I'm trying to do is compiling an airport file after a small modification.
I have one freeware file where I want to close a runway, that's it.
First try I got an error "black box ...." so I understood that there're some user objects in the .bgl.
I extracted the object using modelconvertx and made a object.bgl file using librarycreatorxml.
I added that to the ADE library, compiled the airport and got no errors.
When I open the compiled file I can see the objects, however in FSX they're not visible.
However, if I import the compiled .bgl in modelconvertx, then it doesn't find any objects anymore
I also tried to just add the airport bgl file to the library but the result is the same
I ran out of ideas, any help will be very welcome.
Cheers,
Luc

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
How did you add the object to the ADE file, via the Library Object Manager? If so, the library BGL (and any associated textures) must be added to an active scenery folder.

Country
belgium
Yes I used the Library Object Manager to add the objects file, but I didn't really add any objects, I just closed a runway and then compiled
Strangely, after (error free) compiling and closing ADE, then reopen and open the new compiled airport I can see all objects on the layout.
However, when checking there're now objects in the .bgl file. It looks like it didn't add the objects in the compiled .bgl
All of the used textures are FSX stock texture, only two of them are not which I put in the Texture folder of the (active) airport folder.(as in the original airport file)
I also put the new compiled file and the objects .bgl in the scenery folder of the active airport.
Cheers,
Luc