• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX North Of Pakistan, Gilgit

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
gilgit1_zpsaa3755f1.jpg

Country
argentina
Excellent news, will be great to fly in and out of. I wish more developers would concentrate on making fun airports like Gilgit that are a challenge to get in and out off. I hate the boring big airports, they suck FPS and are not challenging to fly into.

Do you plan on adjusting the color of the ground photo to blend into the FSX default terrain? Nothing more annoying than having a really square defined boundary where the custom photo begins.

Great to see that you will include the surrounding city. This will really add to the atmosphere.

Do you plan on making Skardu as well? Would be great to have a pair on which to fly short hops. Another great challenging Silk Road airport.

Looking forward to more previews. :)

Country
china
Is this your own project?How much time did you spent on this?I think I like the texture best.

Country
spain
Looking good, have you modeled the bridges for that river? and will be good to have an approach chart for the airport, really :D

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Looking good, have you modeled the bridges for that river? and will be good to have an approach chart for the airport, really

I am currently working on autogen, will do most probably after autogen.

Country
spain
No pressure here, all we know what all these involve, and the autogen is a hard work. I said so because the mesh is great and a few bridges would fit there nicely. :cool: good luck with your project.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Here is the new autogen, did in a week, needs a few corrections here and there:

Gilgit1_zps206f9b5a.jpg

Gilgit2_zps65957e1f.jpg

Gilgit3_zps3cc13904.jpg

Gilgit4_zpsac37689b.jpg

Why you always fly the USAF bomber?You want to make an air strike?It's just a joke.

Its just the default livery that came with it, think of it as a relief operation of 2005 earthquake rather than air strikes! :)

Country
argentina
Any chance you might be blending in the photo scenery a little better with the default FSX? It is quite dark, and although very realistic looking, will stick out like a sore thumb on the default surroundings.

Apologies if I am getting ahead of myself on this, I understand this is early work in progress. I just hope you hit this one right on as I really love flying in that region.

Any plans for Skardu or Leh? Would make a great addition to flying around this challenging but beautiful part of the world.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Working on the hi def ground textures at the airport, would really help if anyone can point me to the right direction regarding volumetric grass, such as the one at "S50 oakridge state BY Gransurf", seems the best one yet to me.

And secondly, I am getting requests regarding the same scenery for FS9. My previous projects were FS9 to FSX port-over, not a very good result though. This scenery is being done for FSX only keeping in view the performance that would be required for the dangerous approach. If then I get time, I'll think about a port-over to FS9.

mskhan1991

Resource contributor
Country
pakistan
Some work at the airport:

enb2013_5_12_10_57_32copy_zps7f3533b6.jpg

enb2013_5_12_10_56_17copy_zps9b82e219.jpg

Sorry for the baaaaad quality photos, photobucket just destroyed the JPGs!

Last edited: