Not all layers are shown in GPW 'Layering and visibility' window

Hi Arno!

I'm converting a relatively complex ground poly. all together 10 Zbias layers and some layers have more than one material (same ZBias value for 2-4 materials). When I load the X file with GPW in the window I do not see all layers (5 and 10 is missing). Interestingly when I export the object to P3D everything is okay, nothing is missing. I also tried to export all 10 layers one by one and opened them in MCX and later in P3D. Than all layers was okay.
I believe the import/export is fine, but there is maybe a bug in the representation.
If you would like I can send you the X file or the source file.

Thanks

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Having a file to test would help. Do some of the layers contain the same diffuse texture? That's not supported by the GPW at the moment.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

I had a look at the file. Some textures are indeed used at different layers. That is not something the GPW supports at the moment, it assumes that each texture is only on one layer. As a result of that all materials that use the same texture, get the same layer in the GPW.

This was reported to me by another developer a few weeks ago as well. I am planning to change how the GPW works and let it support this situation as well. But I haven't had the time yet to start on that.