P3D v4 Not reading addons only scenery CFG

The last 2 lines of my log file why does it not read any addons except the scenery CFG entries above in the log?

13:51:56 | Trying to read add-on.xml files from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg
13:51:57 | Done!

Thanks!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi,

Seems to indicate no active add-on.xml files have been found in the add-ons.cfg file.

Hi,

Seems to indicate no active add-on.xml files have been found in the add-ons.cfg file.
What did I do wrong... the program is not finding any add-ons... only scanning scenery.cfg I use Lorbys Addon Organizer to layer would it conflict with your program scanning?

You may wish to review the info here:

http://www.lorby-si.com/downloads.html

"FREE: Lorby Prepar3D V4 Addon Organizer

This app will help you manage your external addons to the Prepar3D V4 sim by using the recommended XML files. You can add, delete, reorder, activate and deactivate all types of addons.
!Frequent backups of your config files are recommended - especially before using a new version of this tool, create a backup with the old version first!

1570023363056.png

p3dv4_addonorganizer_documentation.pdf
Download File

addonorganizer_1_44_b04.zip
Download File
!Attention!: the scenery group logic changes with version 1.44 and up. Due to conflicts with ORBX Central, the identification parameters of a scenery had to be adjusted. P4AO will migrate your group library to the new logic, but manual rework may be required. The app will create a backup of your original group library in \AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\P4AO.

LorbySceneryExporter

We are aware that other developers use the P4AO command line option to generate an integrated scenery.cfg type file.
Please consider using the following tool instead. It is a simple command line app, creating (only) the same export as the P4AO does. Please check the readme file in the zip for details.

lorbysceneryexport.zip Download File

If it covers your particular use case, you are free to distribute LorbySceneryExporter with your own application. But we would ask commercial developers to please contact us first before they do."

GaryGB

Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
How does your add-ons.cfg file look?