• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Not Zooming while in Lists

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

When I am working on parking spots, for example, I zoom out so I can see the entire airport, then open the parking list to rearrange their order and thus parking priority. But when I click on a parking spot in the list, the airport window zooms into the parking spot and I can no longer see the entire airport. So now I have no idea where this parking spot is relative to the entire airport, and thus where to place it in the parking order. The screen also scrolls, when I have the screen set to the display I desire. Not helpful to me.

Is there a way to prevent ADE from zooming and scrolling each time I click on a parking spot? If not, could I request a check box in Settings that prevents this from happening? Just leave the screen static.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Country
newzealand
Tom,
do you have the "Center on Object" ticked in the parking list?
if you have try unticking it, my zoom there is set at 200% not sure if that makes any difference

not sure about the display, "Select in Display" is greyed out for me, no idea what that is for, but then i never read manuals :)

Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Thanks! Just what I needed. But when I set it that way (uncheck Center to Object), the parking spot is no longer selected (i.e. turns yellow) so I have no idea which one they are. Can that be fixed?

Thanks again,

Country
unitedstates
Sound like you have over 200 parking spots. If over you can't select or change edit. It's limit parking spots in ADE per airport. Is that you have over 200 spots?

Stuart

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
No, I have 83 parking spots. I've tried it on two computers and it works the same on both. I've tried it on several airports, modified and stock. Once you uncheck the Center on Object check box, the parking spot is no longer selected in the airport display when you click on a spot in the list.

Country
unitedkingdom
Tom,
I agree with what you are reporting - it would be handy if, having deselected "Centre on Object", the selected spot still highlights without the view changing.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK - here is the solution I am working on. There is an additional option in the Lists dialog - Use Zoom

upload_2017-1-12_14-4-20.png

If this us checked then Center on Object should happen without the current display zoom changing. If it is checked then the ADE display will zoom to the percentage given. This applies on a List-Type by List-Type basis so Starts are set separately from Parking and so on. However ADE will remember your setttings like it will remember zoom and whether you want to center or not

I'm testing it now - it is a bit more complex than it looks since the same functional code is used by other functions and I need to make sure they are not broken :(

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

Sounds fine. But I hope you have also noted the issue that raymk and I report above. :)

Thanks,