• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX:SE Now what..? (Gmax and Windows 10, new problem?)

Country
argentina
So... the right click stoped working on gmax suddenly... no errors, no warnings... just one day it just...stop. Is this a new problem with Windows 10? Did someone experience the same problem? Restore the keybinding to default values didn't fix the problem.
Edit: Tried compatibility mode and nothing...

Last edited:
Country
us-california
It's been OK for me, just tried right click this morning. I'm on Windows 10 as well and my system is up to date. I've seen right-click stop working before though, try a reboot or update your GPU driver. I use the Gmax OpenGL driver, not DirectX, I think OpenGL does a better job of maintaining compatibility with older programs. Failing that try switching to the Heidi driver.

Country
argentina
Thanks, I'll try that!

Edit: Tried both OpenGL and DirectX and no joy, also Drivers are up to date. Maybe I'll try a reinstall
Edit2: It's not a problem of gmax.ini... a default one keeps the same error

Last edited:

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
have you had any Win 10 updates recently - what version are you on and has this version changed. Thereare 64bit downloads coming down for version 1803 that update GFX drivers

Country
argentina
Well... I found the problem... somehow gmax.exe was damaged... just copy the exe from an old backup and everything works fine.
Hope this can help if someone gets the same problem again.
Edit: Update the tags on the thread

Earlier in the week this happened to me, after a graphics driver update. Although I normally don't run System Restore, because of limited space on my SSD, I actually turned it on before running the update, based on these sorts of reports recently. I thought I'd created a restore point, but apparently I didn't.
However last night my PC did an update, and this morning GMAX is back to normal.
I guess we are lucky that this old program still runs at all:)

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
In MS own site there are reams of issues logged about their latest updates. the "October 2018" update is the fault and MS have cleverly reissued installs with the same title and BUT have slipped in many fixes that have impacted on so many users. The issue of graphics style programs falling over because the systems after update reporting that the software / driver was damaged or corrupt was in fact rubbish, the computers were only trying to flag an issue - the actual reason was the OS. Nvidia , Photoshop etc were all seeing issues especially on older motherboards - it was NT the driver, CPU or the application at fault but the OS. This was the update of march 12- 19
  • Addresses an issue in Microsoft HoloLens with tracking and device calibration that has affected some users. You may notice improvement 10-15 minutes after installing this update, but we recommend resetting the holograms for best results.
  • Addresses an issue that may cause users to receive “Error 1309” while installing or uninstalling certain types of MSI and MSP files.
  • Addresses an issue that may degrade graphics and mouse performance with desktop gaming when playing certain games, such as Destiny 2, after installing KB4482887.
  • Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Shell, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers, Windows Server, Windows Linux, Windows Hyper-V, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Wireless Networking, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, Windows Kernel, Windows, and Windows Fundamentals.
XBOX users were flooding MS with complaints.

Photoshop and Elements users and some 3 d graphics users reports corrupted monitor drivers as they launched their programmes - setting the driver to sRGBIEC619966-2.1 is fixing it and its already resident in MS machines.

However, glad to see your back on track with the software