• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Oakland International Airport (v1.1 released)

Country
unitedstates
Alright, I think I've finally figured out how to make my scenery compatible with FTX NorCal with a lot of help from coryb14 on here. I'm attaching the new ground poly file here for those that wish to try it. Simply backup the file with the same name in the Oakland 'scenery' folder and add this new file to that folder. After that, rename (at your own risk!) ADEX_FTX_NCA_KOAK_Metro_oakland_Intl.BGL to ADEX_FTX_NCA_KOAK_Metro_oakland_Intl.BGL.off in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery. Finally, make sure that my Oakland scenery is above any FTX NCA entries in the P3D addon scenery list.

Let me know if this works for you guys and I'll push out an update on Simmarket.

I purchased the Oakland Airport after the posting providing a file to give compatibility with Orbx NCA. I'm happy to report that with the file, none of the issues appear to be present that others were describing in reference to the conflict.

I am experiencing a few issues however that I wanted to pass along:

1. The black/darkened polygons. I ran into this issue as well and it was, as suggested in FSDeveloper remedied by disabling LC-1518.bgl and CVX_KOAK.bgl

2. Whether I had to or not, I disabled all references to KOAK in my ORBX folders

3. I now have double sports complexes as shown in the attached screenshot. Basically two Oakland Coliseums and two Oracle Arenas. If I deactivate the Cloudberry scenery, I only have one of each.

4. Performance is rough. I have a fairly robust machine, and I know that things will tend to bog down in the bay area especially with multiple addons. That said, the Cloudberry product is extremely slow to load from startup, and textures are very slow to load when in sim. I do not have all aspects of the scenery turned on via the configurator. I don't know if or what can be done about this, so it is more just a point of awareness.

Thank you for your time.

p5IrFAm.jpg

Country
unitedstates
Update:
The double stadium issue has been resolved. It appears it was an issue with Orbx. When working through a separate issue, I inadvertently but successfully remedied this one.

Performance issues have improved with subtle tweaks, and again repairing the separate Orbx issue.

I am pleased with this product. Great work!

Country
us-northdakota
Hey Embee,

Just wondering if you released an RC final version of KOAK to the BETA testers. I was one of them. The current virsion I have is dated 7/25/19

Thanks

Country
sweden
Hey Randall, great to hear from you, I've made an updated version with dynamic lighting for the entire airport + the FTX NorCal fix. Everything is ready except for the damn installer which isn't adding the effects files to the Effects folder :) Once I manage to get that working I'll send it to you guys first.

Country
us-california
Alright, I think I've finally figured out how to make my scenery compatible with FTX NorCal with a lot of help from coryb14 on here. I'm attaching the new ground poly file here for those that wish to try it. Simply backup the file with the same name in the Oakland 'scenery' folder and add this new file to that folder. After that, rename (at your own risk!) ADEX_FTX_NCA_KOAK_Metro_oakland_Intl.BGL to ADEX_FTX_NCA_KOAK_Metro_oakland_Intl.BGL.off in ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery. Finally, make sure that my Oakland scenery is above any FTX NCA entries in the P3D addon scenery list.

Let me know if this works for you guys and I'll push out an update on Simmarket.

It works great! Thanks...so glad you were able to figure it out.

Country
us-northdakota
Hey Randall, great to hear from you, I've made an updated version with dynamic lighting for the entire airport + the FTX NorCal fix. Everything is ready except for the damn installer which isn't adding the effects files to the Effects folder :) Once I manage to get that working I'll send it to you guys first.

Just a followup on the new V1.1 with the installer. How do us beta testers get an update.

Regards
Randy

Country
unitedstates
Revisiting this. I realized that I had Orbx NCA objects for the Oakland area disabled. This is what remedied the double stadium issue. However, when I enabled the Oakland objects (which gives me cranes, extra buildings, etc), I have the double stadiums again. Does anyone else who is using Orbx NCA with objects enabled have this issue?

Country
unitedstates
Can you not just create an exclusion file right there?
I looked at the Cloudberry bgl in ADE and it doesn't show the stadium modeled or a library entry for it. I can't open up the Orbx bgl in ADE to place one. I can open up the default APX15180 which has the stadium modeled, but I'm not really sure just how to pull off the exclusion.

Country
us-texas
You don't need to open their file. You just create your own exclusion in the location where the problem is. As long as your scenery is located above ORBX FTX regions, it should work.

Country
unitedstates
You don't need to open their file. You just create your own exclusion in the location where the problem is. As long as your scenery is located above ORBX FTX regions, it should work.

Thank you. I'll experiment with it. Will it not exclude both stadiums though? Or place it between Orbx and Cloudberry?

Country
us-texas
It should not effect your scenery, just the stuff below it. Perhaps some others will confirm this.

Country
us-texas
I just used S-builder. Took less than 5 minutes.

If you are going to do anything in an ORBX FTX region, then you will need to get comfortable excluding objects.

Country
serbia
Great script, thank you. I would like to say that for each dynamic light effect, you need to add the parameters DAY=0;NIGHT=1;DUSK=1;DAWN=1, so that the light does not burn during the day. With respect