• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Object disappears

Country
vietnam
Hi there,
I had a strange problem with my 3D object :confused: I created a 3d terminal in Gmax and exported it for FS9 . No error occurred during the export to .mdl and .bgl files . However when I started loading into my scenery, at position of view facing directly to the terminal at specific angle, the terminal disappeared but I I chnage to another angle, it appeared normally. When I look outside, the textures around my airport, also with the airplane became blur dramatically as these attached photos :mad:
I don't know what happen to it . Have you guys got this trouble before ?
All welcomed comments, I appreciate that .

Attachments

• vvcr_error01.jpg
    vvcr_error01.jpg
    744.2 KB · Views: 341
  • vvcr_error02.jpg
    vvcr_error02.jpg
    774.5 KB · Views: 339
  • vvcr_error03.jpg
    vvcr_error03.jpg
    832.4 KB · Views: 366
  • vvcr_error04.jpg
    vvcr_error04.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
We've seen this trouble before, only on certain computer systems (other computers displayed it fine). But I have no idea how to fix it...

Country
vietnam
We've seen this trouble before, only on certain computer systems (other computers displayed it fine). But I have no idea how to fix it...
Really ? So did it happen to creator's pc rather than other users ? I thought that some angle of views are put into blind spot :confused:
I have also found the same problem of blur textures from this link :
http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36262&highlight=texture+blur
Nothing guarantees that changing in texture format from either DXT3 or DXT1 will fix this case :confused:

Country
unitedkingdom
I think this is an issue with the boundary box or something, generated by gmax. Try making the object larger by putting a another object in the model, like a car or lamp-post, a little distance away.

Country
vietnam
Problem has been resoved :D
Thank you guys for the comments, I have added a big bounding box over the airport with transparent map and then exported it together with my terminal and it worked ;)
I dont know why because in my last scenery, I still had a good appearance without using bounding box method .
Btw I can figure it out now !

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Watch out for crash issues when enlarging bounding boxes...

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
The additional bigger geometry would probably need a no crash set through the attach tool script indeed.

Country
indonesia
sometimes this happen to me too... :(

can we use hierarchy tool then 'center to object' rather than create a bounding box? :D

or separate a terminal with pieces of bgl?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

I think that the effect of disappearing objects is indeed less if the reference point is exactly in the centre of the object. So that is always a good practice.