• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Object does not appear

Country
brazil
Hello friends.

I have ADE 176. Most of the airports in the world I can edit. But in some airports I can not edit. For example: I open the KJFK airport. Copy the object that I desire. I close this airport. I open another airport and paste the object. I compile and when I run FSX Steam the object is not there.

What could be happening?

Thank you.

João Scoralick
Brasilia-BRAZIL

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
As George says, many default objects are "geo locked" to the location they were originally placed.

Country
brazil
Thank you very much friends. Too bad that FSX does not let me edit those airports. I'm starting to dominate ADE 176. It's wonderful!
A great week for you.

Country
newzealand
This may help as you can place any airport object you like anywhere in the world

Don (gadgets) Grovestine has created a program for unlocking Geo-locked Objects.
You can find this program and many other useful programs on Don Grovestine's Website:

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=Geolock

this will even find the textures for you as well, or even Arno's MCX these are both useful utilities to help you............

Last edited:
Country
brazil
Thank you very much, Glottis. But I can not add objects in the airport setting that I'm editing. I run GeoLock to unlock the files I want to use at the airport. It then creates the BGL Unlocked file. So I access the ADE 176 with the airport open and add the object I brought from the Library Object of the ADE 176. The object appears in the ADE, but does not appear at the airport when I run FSX-SE.
I do not know what I'm doing wrong. Would you know the reason for this error?
Thank you in advance.

Country
newzealand
The information you have given you do not mention the Mdl or the textures, you will need both of these for Object to show in FSX
been awhile since i used Dons utility, as you have mentioned KJFK i take it the object you are looking for is in the "newyork.bgl"
from memory if you load the newyork bgl into Geolock this will place the 100 plus models into Mdls folder and you will see Pics of them on the right
i always create a folder on my desktop as my "save Folder" that way i know where things go to
then select which one or all you need and click on unlock this will put the bgl/s into your folder and the textures for it should be in the "Texture" folder
this is not the best description but the manual should help you better or someone who uses it on a regular basis
good luck

Country
brazil
Once again, thank you very much for the information, my friend. They were very useful.
Have a great week.

Country
brazil
Hello Glottis.
I unlocked NeyYork.bgl with GeoLock. So I chose a terminal from the file and the object appeared in the ADE. So I compiled the airport modified by the ADE. I ran FSX-SE and the object did not show up at the airport.
I did the same process with the LA.bgl file. In that case, everything went well.
This may be happening since you have objects from certain BGL files that work correctly. But there are other BGL files that do not work properly.
Thanks.

Country
newzealand
Hello Glottis.
I unlocked NeyYork.bgl with GeoLock. So I chose a terminal from the file and the object appeared in the ADE. So I compiled the airport modified by the ADE. I ran FSX-SE and the object did not show up at the airport.
I did the same process with the LA.bgl file. In that case, everything went well.
This may be happening since you have objects from certain BGL files that work correctly. But there are other BGL files that do not work properly.
Thanks.
have you added the model of the terminal to the Models list in ADE? and the textures for it into an active texture folder?
when you added the terminal the bgl gives you the GUID number which you use to get the model from the Geolock MDLs list
here is the jfk tower at Auckland airport

Attachments

• nzaa.jpg
    nzaa.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 237
Country
brazil
Hi Glottis.
It's all right now. Objects are appearing normally. I restarted the PC and then the objects covered in the NewYork.bgl file started to appear in FSX-SE.
Thank you very much.

Country
newzealand
Thats good to know then,
its always frustrating the first time you try and they do not show
but once you have a little bit of experience it becomes easier :)