• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Objects Not being saved

Country
us-northcarolina
Its either me or its either me but for some reason..these are not being saved..I save project between each step to make sure..i build at end... after it added to community folder.. shows up in the sim and then when you restart ADE..they are not there. I reboot ADE after pic 1d.. and the model shows as a library object unknown..the only thing in the LOM is a thumbnail and no evidence of library object or its bgl?.

Attachments

• 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 1d.JPG
    1d.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 1e file unknown library object.JPG
    1e file unknown library object.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 1f polygon is gone and the model is gone.JPG
    1f polygon is gone and the model is gone.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Country
us-florida
You may have uncovered an ADE issue. I don't use two-way editing, so I have had no problem. If you uncheck two-way editing in the Project Properties, add the model back into the model list and save, and then reload the project in ADE, it should work okay. It worked for me.

Country
us-northcarolina
That worked..thank you!! I am not really any good now with the Dev Mode and working with objects....is there a way in ADE to get the building level as you can see..the right end is raised up and left side in ground...maybe how to tweak the object or the polygon under it..don't know..Thanks.. Mamu shared with me but at a loss....

BobM.

Last edited:
Country
us-florida
You can either place a polygon with the flatten attribute with an altitude under it or adjust the pitch/bank of the object in degrees. As I posted in other threads, I've had some problems with flattens and prefer to adjust the pitch/bank of the object. It's something else that you have to experiment with to get the hang of it.

Country
us-northcarolina
can you share an example a pic of maybe the pitch you set on a building.....there prob no way to see my building in real time with ADE....but anyway..Thanks.

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
can you share an example a pic of maybe the pitch you set on a building.....there prob no way to see my building in real time with ADE....but anyway..Thanks.
The whole point of ADE 2020 version 19 is the ability to have 2-way editing. You can load the project XML in the sim simultaneously with ADE and place objects with the sim in DevMode. It is real-time placement. You need to read the ADE manual and the SDK docs.

Country
us-florida
The whole point of ADE 2020 version 19 is the ability to have 2-way editing. You can load the project XML in the sim simultaneously with ADE and place objects with the sim in DevMode. It is real-time placement. You need to read the ADE manual and the SDK docs.
But, what about the problem he is having using ADE with two-way editing checked on?

Country
us-northcarolina
I unticked (2 way editing) it and it saved the model in the list etc....ADE has been off a a few hours...

Attachments

• 1g.JPG
    1g.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
McDonalds is now open...fly on bye....lmao....my airport is dead..so livin up the joint.

Attachments

• 1h.JPG
    1h.JPG
    328.2 KB · Views: 13

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
But, what about the problem he is having using ADE with two-way editing checked on?

Two Way Editing is not perfect and it seems that something did not get saved properly in the source XML. Can you confirm where this object comes from? Is it form a bgl file and loaded in to the Library Object Manager? or is it a custom model in the modelLib folder and added that way?

One way editing stores the information about the airport design in the ad4 file and format. This is not understood by Dev Mode which reads the source XML. In Two way Editing ADE uses the source XML as well and there may be some instances where Dev Mode generates XML that ADE does not understand so it gets lost. I am aware of this and will try and fix things that do not work