• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

ObjectTool and Objects not showing..

It seemed like object placement in the mission builder was going fine.. but then I noticed that when I actually load and fly the mission, my added scenery isn't showing up. When I load up the ObjectTool I can see the scenery, with boxes around the pieces. But as soon as I close the ObjectTool .. whether I have saved changes or not.. the scenery disappears and I am back in the mission. Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Are you sure that only the scenery objects don't load? Maybe the whole mission didnt - that can happen when placing some scenery-objects. The fourbladeprop for example causes an error each time I want to include it in the mission.

In any case you'll have to end the mission after saving the new xml and load it from the UI again in order to see the new objects.

unclosed triggers

Ok, I think I know what was up with this. I found one of my missions was working perfectly. . showing new scenery etc.

The missions that dont show scenery had unclosed triggers. I thought I could leave them unclosed til I decided the order of events.. uh-uh.. doesn't work that way.

whew..

unclosed triggers

yeh, I am probably not using the right term here, I'm new to this.

I was in the ObjectTools interface and I added a bunch of triggers and dialogue actions. I didn't connect the two, and I didnt refer the triggers to any other actions.

Then I added a bunch of objects. I saved the mission.

When I reloaded none of the objects were showing.

Horst18519

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Ah, you didn't assign an action to the triggers. You're obviously not using the error-message-function of the debugger in the fsx.cfg - if that would be the case fsx would crash when loading a mission that includes a trigger that is not assigned to an action. :D

If I don't have the right action for a trigger I always assign a dummy-dialogAction so I don't get an error (plus I can check if the trigger fires correctly).

debug

Ah.. good.. how do I activate the debug function?

Is "dummy-dialogaction" a selection in the tool?

thanks