• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FS2004 Odd Background image showing through airport runway even with exclusions

Country
unitedstates
Hi everyone. I have an odd problem that I have not seen before. There are 2 white patches, one with a yellow border showing through my rwy at TFFG. I have tried using exclusion polys, custom ground polys, and creating an apron over the images and nothing gets rid of them. I also tried a flatten poly, but they just continue to show up. I have run the Priority Analyzer and there are not any conflicts. I am including screen shots and the airport file. Thanks in advance for all the help

Screenshot (139).png

Attachments

• TFFG_ADE9_jge.ad4
    8.8 KB · Views: 217
Country
unitedstates
Hi Tom,
I have no addons for TFFG. The only addons I use are Ultimate Traffic and Ultimate Terrain....Neither of which affect TFFG. Thanks for looking into this.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
I compiled your AD4 file and checked it in FS2004. I do not have those white patches appearing on the runway, so no problem with the ADE file. Thus it may be due to an addon, your computer, or your video card. Your coastline is different from mine, so there is definitely an addon at work there.

Hope this helps,

Country
unitedstates
Hi Tom,
Thanks for all your efforts. I do have a couple of questions though. 1. Shouldn't an exclude polygon or a flatten polygon placed over those areas solve the issue? 2. Since when I run the Priority Analyzer, even with deactivated scenery box checked, and nothing shows up, how do I find out what the offending issue is? 3. Lastly, is there a priority level that I can set the Runway too that will cover over what ever those polygons are?
Again, Thanks for everything.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Hi,

An exclude file will only work if those white areas are objects placed there - exclude files may not have any effect on ground polygons - I've never tested that. Try inactivating all of your added scenery in the Scenery Library (uncheck the boxes) and see if they go away.

If instead they are some kind of video problem then that won't help. This is unlikely due to the yellow border around one of them.

You cannot set priority levels for airport features like runways; that is hard coded in the sim. Runways have priority over taxiways, but ground polygons have priority over runways.

Country
unitedstates
Hi Tom,
So even a flatten poly will not remove whatever is in a ground polygon? I have built several airports using ade and the flatten poly always seemed to work to get rid of everything. Is that not the case?
Again, Thanks
Jeff

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
A flatten poly does not remove anything - it only flattens the ground. That is different from an exclude polygon, which excludes things. Two different buttons in ADE.

Country
unitedstates
Thanks for the clarity Tom, Sorry I misinterpreted the flatten. I guess I'll just live with the minor issue.
Jeff

Country
us-illinois
Hello:

Because your FS version is FS9.x, any Ground Polygons (aka "G-Polys") will be coded in SCASM / ASM, and may not be excluded via a BGLComp XML-type Exclusion Rectangle.

Note that a BGLComp XML-type Exclusion Rectangle is distinct from a CVX vector Exclusion Polygon compiled for FSX / P3D ...using SHP2VEC from the FSX / P3D SDK.

AFAIK, FS2Kx G-Polys as legacy-type objects, when present in a scenery, are a VTP-type object, and can only be excluded by a VTP Exclusion.

Indeed, although UT-USA for FS9 does place 'some' legacy format scenery objects, IIRC, it did not cover the Caribbean area like the FSX UTX series product did

PS: Are you certain that at any time you did not previously install any this scenery ? :scratchch

Regardless, I'll take a look at the above linked airport "Grand Case" airport of St-Maarten for FS2004 by Delblond Christian in FS9 today when I get some time free, to see if I can ID any 'surprises' in it, vs. default FS2004 airport, vs. your *.AD4 file. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi again:

In FS9, I do not see an explanation for the anomalous white polygon areas in your OP at either of these:

* Default (aka "stock" FS2004 airport

* "Grand Case" airport of St-Maarten for FS2004 by Delblond Christian

Did you by any chance attempt to make a G-Poly using the tools in ADE ? :scratchch

GaryGB

Country
unitedstates
Hi Gary,
No, I only used ADE to fix the runway, and taxiways. Also, I do not have any third party addons for Grand Case. When I run the File Priority Analyzer in ADE, the only things that show up are my ADE airport, the stock airport, and the Ultimate Traffic File for that airport which has no scenery files or polygon files in it. I can get you a screen shot of the FPA in ADE if you would like. One question I do have, is there a way to look at the land class polygon or the scenery mesh file for the Grand Case airport?
Thanks for all the efforts looking into this strange problem.
Jeff

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
Before doing all that work, why not just uncheck all added scenery layers in the Scenery Library to inactivate them and see if the rectangles are still there?

Country
unitedstates
Hi Tom,
Sorry I forgot to answer you last post. I unchecked all the added scenery layers in the Scenery Library to inactivate them and the rectangles are still there. I am using FS9 on windows 10, and had a heck of a time getting it to run initially. I'm not sure, but maybe that has had something to do with it. I ended up having to copy over most of the program files from my XP drive to get FS9 to work. It would not load correctly from the discs even installing it in the Admin mode. Also, even on my old system, I did not have any addon scenery for Grand Case or the Bahamas. Other then Ultimate Traffic and Ultimate Terrain, the only other scenery addons I have are from LHH for Courchevel in France and Nepal (Lukla) both of which are payware. One other note that my be of interest, if it is nighttime, the rectangles are illuminated bright white and bright yellow on the side of the one with the yellow jagged border.
Thanks for everyone's efforts in trying to figure this out.
Jeff

Country
unitedstates
Just wondering if it is possible to have corrupted the stock file of Grand Case in the copying of the FS9 files from my old XP drive to my Windows 10 drive? Like I stated in my last post, I could not install FS9 using my original discs, so I moved over all the files, and then installed the program files that allow FS9 to run without having a disc in the drive. Thanks again for everyone's your help.
Jeff

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Very unlikely you corrupted a file just by copying it. Which file contains Grand Case?

Country
unitedstates
Hi Jon, the file for TFFG (Grand Case) is AP931250.bgl This is the stock airport and when I open that, it shows Touchdown Zone landing stripes (White) in the exact location of the odd polygons that will not go away. It doesn't explain the yellow banding around the one area, but it is odd that the stock airport has those stripes and they do not go away either with the airport I created, or an exclusion polygon. Thanks for looking into this.
Jeff

Country
unitedstates
I have found another oddity with this problem. I decided to look at another stock airport in the vicinity of TFFG (Grand Case). The Airport is TQPF (Wallblake) with the same Stock file as TFFG. AP931250.bgl This airport loads in FS9, but as the enclosed screen shot shows, it will not open in ADE. Just wondering if this might be the issue with all the other posts in this thread.
Thanks to everyone for all their help.
Jeff
Screenshot (145).png

Country
unitedstates
One more note that may be of interest. I have even tried replacing the AP931250.bgl file from the old version of FS9 I have installed on an XP drive that will no longer boot up, but is accessible as a data drive and that had no effect on anything either.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There is something wrong with your settings. Make sure ADE is pointing correctly at FS9. I had no problem opening TQPF for FS9 in ADE here.

1590736520415.png