• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

SOLVED! - Odd issue trying to compile

Country
us-ohio
I have an odd problem...and I can't figure it out (with ADE.) Hoping someone can help me....

Trouble is this: I am getting errors when compiling. I loaded a stock airport (KCVG) and then removed all the stuff that shouldn't be there and am putting in all the stuff that should. This error, however, seems to be related the the runways. Of which I didn't change any of this information that's giving the errors...so I am lost.. The errors are:

Parsing document: G:\Flight Simulator Apps\Design - Airport Design Editor\!AdeTempWorkOnly\KCVG_ADEP4_GDS.xml
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2033: XML Parse Error (line, column, error)
ERROR: 60, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.
ERROR: 190, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.
ERROR: 325, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.
ERROR: 460, 33, The attribute 'transparent' on this element is not defined in the DTD/Schema.
INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR: #C2606: Schema errors detected, compilation failed!
Parse complete!

The lines 60, 190, 325, & 460 have to do with the runway pattern. For the record, I don't see anything relating to transparent even IN that section... The only transparent is under runway screen....not pattern screen. Thanks... I really want to figure this out as I want to test what I have done so far to the airport. Also, oddly enough, I added the 3rd North/South runway which contains the exact same information on this page (pattern) and there are no errors associate with it. The 4 errors listed above are for the 4 ends of the original 2 N/S runways. 9/27 has no errors associated with it.
UGH

Greg

Country
us-ohio
I didn't even consider that since I knew it was pointing to the SDK files... However, I had it pointing to the SDK for FSX Acceleration version... So a quick question, since I use ADE to work in both sims....and it only allows ONE set of folders to be chosen....will it work fine in FSX while using the SDK files from Prepar 4.3?? Thanks for all your help!!! I can't believe how much I have forgotten about airport design over the last 8 years....

Greg

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
ADE offers you a selector when it starts:

1540204007864.png

Select the version you want to work with. Each version has it's own settings file and keeps track of the relevant folders, compilers and so on. If ADE fails to find the relevant SDK/Sim then you have problems with your registry entries.

Country
us-ohio
Thanks Jon... When I installed originally I set it up for FSX but I use it (currently) only for P3Dv4.... I didn't notice that I had set the sdk in both for the FSX sdk... oops! :)

Greg