• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX Odd mesh behaviour due to terrain.cfg - SOLVED

Country
switzerland
Hi guys,

I searched for hours without success. To make it short :

I installed for a while (when it was published) the marvellous Solomon 1943. At that time, no problem. All was perfect.
This week I wanted to go back and here is what I get : very odd mesh!

I tried to inactive all other sceneries but Solomon, I deleted all bgl that surely is not used there. Nothing change. I kept only the base default folder and Solomon. Same result. I asked a friend to install the scenery : no problem. Mesh is OK.

It must be something very teef in FSX, I did not find what.

So may be some of you has an idea what file has changed to give such a result (a config file, dll, what else ?).. Terrain.cfg ? terrain.dll ? ORBX could have changed something basic that causes this ?
I did not see that in other sceneries, but I did not test the whole world of course...

I'm lost and maybe someone of you has a solution, but a complete reinstallation lol. Would be great.

Cheers

Daniel

AGBK.jpg

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Mesh resolution slider? Scenery priority in the Scenery Library?

Country
switzerland
Well.... finally find out where the problem comes from :

terrain.cfg

I put the original one and now mesh is ok...

Problem : what exactly in terrain.cfg could make this ?? That's the question!

Cheers

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
The layering for the shorelines was probably off or the entry was missing altogether. See [texture.2] entries ff.

If you still have the "broken" texture.cfg, you can compare it with your working one with www.diffchecker.com and see wherr exactly things were wrong.

Country
switzerland
Thanks Bjoern,

Well, to much entries to check. Compare not possible. But I put a new modified one, and restart FTX Central + UTX. I miss 49 entries, but I'll see it as soon as I will use the scenery.

I can say : solved! Hard, but solved!