• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Blender Ok, I’ll be the first to ask,

Vitus

Resource contributor
:D Give it a try and report back.It should work without an issue, although there are a couple of changes to the ui api that could potentially ruin the fun. I'd hate to fork the toolset into a B2.9 branch....

I think I'll stick with 2.8x for a while.

Someone beat you to it a few days ago here

I still haven't done much exporting with it, but I still haven't had any problem, either.

I'll have to play with it in a couple of weeks. All of my models were done in 2.79, and even though I can import them into 2.9 (or 2.8) there is the texturing to consider and that is where I'm at a stopping point for now. So much to learn! The transition wasn't totally seamless.

TB2

You have probably already read the wiki for the 2.8 toolset here

If not, I suggest having a good look at it.

It is likely that until you get used to the way that materials and textures are handled you will get some possibly meaningless error messages from the exporter.

Even if you have looked over the wiki pretty closely, I suggest that you pay particular attention to the Material parameters section of it here

I don't know what sim(s) your models were made for, but depending on the sim, there are differences in the P3DFSX Material Params used for exporting.

Good luck!

Thanks Dave! Although I haven't studied the wiki in detail, some of it (materials) is as clear as mud. LOL! It can tell me all it needs and what it's capability's are, but until I see it in action it is very difficult for me to implement. (I learn more on YouTube by seeing how it's done). I'm still looking for a GOOD materials / texturing tutorial for P3D on YouTube using the later Blenders.

I've been following a set of tutorials by Bill Womack, but most of them were done in 7.9. I've created many buildings and hangars in 7.9 and successfully exported them to FSX, P3D 4 and 5. My intent is to revisit them and clean them up and re-texture them a bit better using the later Blender. Blender2P3D/FSX is already loaded (in 2.9) and (seems) to be working as far as finding SDK's, menus..., but I haven't exported from 2.8 or 2.9 yet.

Thanks again!

TB2