• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

open door hangar

Country
unitedstates
Hi everyone,
this is my first post.
I just curious to ask is it possible to make a open door hangar on blender and park the aircrafts inside it. is it possible?
I think that's what we need a lot for Microsoft flight simulator 2020!

Country
italy
Yeah, you can create every kind of 3d object with Blender

Want an hangar with open Doors? Add a cube and scale It to the size of your hangar,
add two loop cuts,
scale them on the "long" size,
Delete the face between the 2 loop cuts
Add a solidify modifier and apply
Add your texture, export and Place in the Sim, boom, you have and hangar with the "Door" open (missing Door Indeed)
You can enter the hangar or Place a static plane inside

Instedad, If you are looking for a way to open an hangar Door in the Sim (aka trigger an animation)
...It Is nearly impossible..at the moment,
Hope Asobo add a way to do such wonders we have in previous sims

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk
c86b57dd40ad6144cb34c8fae5275e74.jpg

Country
unitedstates

Want an hangar with open Doors? Add a cube and scale It to the size of your hangar,
add two loop cuts,
Add your texture, export and Place in the Sim, boom, you have and hangar with the "Door" open (missing Door Indeed)

Instedad, If you are looking for a way to open an hangar Door in the Sim (aka trigger an animation)

add two loop cuts,

I don't want to put a static aircraft in hangar! I meant that after landing at the airport You will be able to park inside the hangar!

Country
italy
You can enter the hangar and park there, Just leave some space in your hangar
Unless you Place some collision materials you can enter every 3d object and you Will not crash

An example for you, i can't Remember if i Place even a start position inside the Hagar, but Is possible!

Have fun!

Country
unitedstates
Unless you Place some collision materials you can enter every 3d object and you Will not crash

An example for you, i can't Remember if i Place even a start position inside the Hagar, but Is possible!

Have fun!

Have fun!

Have fun!

Have fun!

could you make a different size of hangars and make it as a hangar library! I believe all the simmers would love it! Is there any tutorial video for doing this?

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington

Starts must be on runways. Perhaps you mean a ramp parking spot, which one can start from.

Country
unitedstates

Have fun!

Is there a tutorial video for this purpose?

Country
italy
Not really modelling an open hangar, but a good One to get started!

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hi. There are no miracles in a flight simulator. But there are realities ;)

One of these realities created by the Asobo developers is the possibility of triggering an animation depending on the distance of the animated object. This very short demonstration video shows how the gates of a hangar open and close again - depending on the distance from the user aircraft:

PS: Please ignore the hunter stand that can be seen in the video. It only served as a test object for another idea.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Christian:

I love the 'Zombie' Marshallers. :laughing:

We are able to trigger animations on objects separate from the user aircraft in versions of FS prior to MSFS 2020 by several methods.

But, as you may know, prior thread(s) here attempting to trigger door animation on a Hangar SimObject in MSFS were only partially successful.

Would you please be so kind as to tell us which method you used in your demo video ? :scratchch

Many thanks in advance for sharing your insight and work-flow with us for this process. :)

GaryGB

Last edited:
Country
italy
Hi. There are no miracles in a flight simulator. But there are realities ;)

One of these realities created by the Asobo developers is the possibility of triggering an animation depending on the distance of the animated object. This very short demonstration video shows how the gates of a hangar open and close again - depending on the distance from the user aircraft:

PS: Please ignore the hunter stand that can be seen in the video. It only served as a test object for another idea.
Lots of great information on this topic!

I tried triggering animations in the early sdk releases without luck, using the old vars we used from previous version (nav_lights and so on)

If you have a solution, can you please share It with us?

Showcasing only doesn't help ;)

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Would you please be so kind as to tell us which method you used in your demo video ?
Hi Garry.

First of all, the hangar is a Simobject and the animation it contains is a simple keyframe animation. So nothing special. What is special, however, is the method with which the gates are triggered. The key word here is WebAsseblyModul, or WASM for short. The control code itself is rather clear, but not the code of the WASM module! A developer wrote the module for me and, unlike me, he is very familiar with programming in C++. I would like to share my knowledge about this, but the subject is probably complex. Basically I just wanted to make it clear that it is quite possible to trigger an animation depending on the distance of the user aircraft :wizard:

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
Hmmm, sounds kind of proprietary. Which is fine, not like I’ve never been there before, although my proprietary stuff is usually no more sophisticated than my own visage on models.

Maybe you could offer a link to this devs public contact page, or ask them to weigh in here?

I have an animation of a flying pie and I’d love to place it to be thrown in the face of anyone that looks too critically into my scenery.

Actually I want to activate deck crew for flight operations.
Also I am a bit of a code cipher, if you didn’t mind offering up what you have..

=rk=

Resource contributor
Country
us-washington
You can place the runway starts off the runway too. I do this and place them at the holding lines.
Yes, I probably was thinking runways must have starts. With that caveat and in previous versions of the sim, I never saw a need to add more, as a parking designator provides ancillary detail and is equally as easy to select. That continues through MSFS, I mean, you can sort of punch at an airport from the stratosphere and it will usually put you on a runway start, but one can't pick a consistent primary "start," as MSFS does not recognize that parameter, so picking a hangar start, would be the same procedure as picking a ramp, gate, dock, custom, etc.

AI won't use starts. You could use a start for a "home" hangar, the AI will never be there when you spawn, but they might be there when you get home, if it is a standard parking spot. I only develop, so the idea of returning to hangars, or even using one, is foreign to me.

Christian Bahr

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Maybe you could offer a link to this devs public contact page, or ask them to weigh in here?
I'm not sure if he's represented here in the forum.

I was concerned with this statement:
The statement was not correct, because it is possible to open and close a hangar door depending on the distance of the user aircraft. I didn't really want to say more :)