• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX P3D Autogen not showing in FSX

Country
germany
Hello,

i created a scenery with the P3D SDK. I want to make it available for FSX as well. For most things this works out fine: groundpolies, object and photoscenery are showing up in FSX as expected. But there is no Autogen! What can I do to make it appear as well? I was using the P3D annotator.

I was trying to open the photo.bgl with the FSX annotator and everything was looking exactly like in P3D. Do P3D and FSX have the same GUID for the default autogen?

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
maybe it's not about the autogen itself?
Maybe there's an exclude or another terrain scenery with higher priority?

Country
germany
maybe it's not about the autogen itself?
Maybe there's an exclude or another terrain scenery with higher priority?

I don't think so. The scenery is quite remote and no other scenery should interact with it.

Infortunately I can't test it myself since I don't have FSX anymore. Will have to wait for other FSX users to give a feedback. Right now it is only one and the autogen is not showing.

While we are at it... would it work for FS9 as well?

dave hoeffgen

Resource contributor
Country
germany
I never worked with FS9 so I don't know exactly but there are some autogen features such as vegetation polygons which were new in FSX and don't work in FS9

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
FS2004 has a completely different AGN file format, so that won't work directly. Vegetation has different types and needs to be rectangles. I think the library objects might work.

Between FSX and P3D there's no difference indeed. So that should just work.

Country
germany
Ok, then the FS9 version is dead already :))

Hmm, really strange, maybe this guy had some wrong settings then. Hope to hear from someone else soon.

Thank you to you two for your help!

Country
germany
Unfortunately it is confirmed now, that for other FSX-users there is also no autogen :(

Some other ideas? Can it be related to the default.xml I had to copy to the annotator-folder?

When I am opening the photo.bgl in the FSX-annotator, everything looks normal. But when I am selecting a tree or vegetation polygon, the GUIS shows as UNKNOWN.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Are you sure you only used default object classes when placing the autogen?

Also for the FSX Annotator you would have to copy the file over of course. But when running in the sim the configuration file from the autogen folder is used.

Country
germany
Yes I am sure, since I don't know how to do custom autogen. I just used the default houses and two different tree classes (Conifer and city wet (or similar))

What I can't rule out though, that some other add-on altered my default.xml. Is something like that possible? But then it shouldn't work in P3D also?!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Other addons you have could have added new entries to the autogen configuration file. So if you use these custom entries it will not work for people without that addon. Usually you can see from the name of a class if it's added by a developer or not.

Tree types don't come from the default.xml file by the way, they come from the other autogen configuration files.

Maybe you can list (some of) the GUIDs of the classes you use and then we can check if they are in FSX as well.

Country
germany
Maybe you can list (some of) the GUIDs of the classes you use and then we can check if they are in FSX as well.

To my knowledge I only used the default stuff. For the houses I used only the "Default autogen 1 roof" which is already the standard setting there:

autogen1.PNG

and for the trees I used mostly this:

autogen2.PNG

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, those two are default for sure. Weird that they don't work in FSX.

Country
germany
Ok, update:

The trees are there now but only very few (even with high settings). I guess FSX is just not showing that many trees?!

I did not change anything, at least nothing I know of. And the buildings are still not there yet.

So it can't be some misterious exclusion or something else because then the trees would not be there also.

RicherSims

Resource contributor
Country
dominica
Do you mind sharing part of your scenery BGLs and autogen files for someone to take a look?

Country
germany
Do you mind sharing part of your scenery BGLs and autogen files for someone to take a look?

Hello mousy,

thanks for your help. The complete scenery is already available on avsim. Since the photoscenery is the biggest part of it (40MB), it would be the most comfortable thing to download it there:

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=197168

If you don't have an avsim account, let me know and I will upload it on google drive for u.

GHD

Country
england
Hmm, autgen shows fine here (FSXA)

(ensure that the agn files are in the texture folder associated with the photo scenery scenery folder)

https://postimage.org/

H:\UGMS\scenery
H:\UGMS\texture
H:\UGMS\scenery\airportsignx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\brueckex.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\cvx_PROJECT.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\dreckhaufenx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\flaggenx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\flagpolex.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\generatorx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\groundpolytest.bgl
H:\UGMS\scenery\Licht_px.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\Mastenx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\Mestiaairportx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\mestiafence9-15x.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\mestiafencep1x.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\mestiafencep2x.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\MESTIA_OBX.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\military_mdlx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\Photo01.bgl
H:\UGMS\scenery\Polizeix.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\rohrex.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\schuppenx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\taxisigns_px.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\towerx.BGL
H:\UGMS\scenery\UGMS_ADEP2_ADE.bgl
H:\UGMS\scenery\Wassertankx.BGL
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121302233an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121302322an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121302323an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121302332an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121302333an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320011an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320013an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320031an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320033an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320100an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320101an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320102an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320103an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320110an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320111an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320112an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320113an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320120an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320121an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320122an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320123an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320130an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320131an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320132an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\013101121320133an.agn
H:\UGMS\texture\airportsign.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\blending.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\bruecke.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\chainlink.bmp
H:\UGMS\texture\chainlink.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\chainlinkdxt.bmp
H:\UGMS\texture\concrete.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\concretetiles.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\concrete_with_displacements.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\dreck.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\edited.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\flaggen.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\generatorkalibriert.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\georgianflag.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\holzstamm.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\Masten.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\metal.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\military.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\Polizei.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\roads.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\rohreuv1.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\rohreuv2.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\rohreuv3.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\runwaytextures.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\Schuppen2.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\schuppenuv.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\stacheldraht.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\Taxisigns.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\Wassertank.dds
H:\UGMS\texture\white wood.dds

Last edited:
Country
germany
Thank you for trying George. I installed FSX now as well and it is also working. I don't know why it was not working with my only 2 FSX testers.

Thank you again. So even if it will not work for some, it will work for the most part, I guess.