• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D V4.4 PBR materials feature needed in MCX PLZ!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
When I checked the SDK yesterday the X format documentation was not updated yet. So I need a sample X file made with the new gamepack to be able to add support.

Country
malaysia
When I checked the SDK yesterday the X format documentation was not updated yet. So I need a sample X file made with the new gamepack to be able to add support.
Hi Arno,

Could you please attach the link where to find the X format documentation n the SDK?

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,
Yesterday Doug (Pyscen) has given a valid link on the SDK ... see the post of Aidas on PBR subject.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Yes, that's about using PBR in the gamepack, but not about how to specify it in the X format.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
But if somebody can just export a simple model with the new gamepack and send me the X file that's probably enough to add support in MCX.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
My SDK is installed and P3D v4.4 is also ready. I will just verify that my compil process work and I will try to compile one of my model to send you it

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Great. Keep it simple, just a box with a PBR material will suit already.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Some last problems but I join to you a fast try: a box, a texture Prepar3DPBR applied on it but without texture affected inthe four slots.
I can prepar a second try but this time with textures Albedo, Metallic, Normal, Emissive and Detail ...

Attachments

• PBR_Box.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 226
Country
france
@Lagaffe hi
help plz
i don't have v4.4 but v4.3
i got the 4.4 SDK + 3Ds max 2018 + plugins paths added
i made a box and wanted to try the PBR to make an X for @arno
but i cant find the material type Prepar3DPBR I can just find Prepar3D

if you could get PBR in 3DS plz tell me how
thnx

Edit : i tried opening your BOX : i found the PBR then i closed started a new project
no PBR :( HELP!

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
The installation of the SDK v4.4 is not enough, it must also be configured (ConfigSDK.Exe at the SDK root rirectory) but to do this operation, Prepar3D v4.4 must be installed because the SDK checks the presence of the P3D.exe file version 4.4

Then in the interface of Max, jump to Materiazl Editor and click on the Standard button which opens a window containing all the textures models and Prepar3DPBR will appears in this list.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Some last problems but I join to you a fast try: a box, a texture Prepar3DPBR applied on it but without texture affected inthe four slots.
I can prepar a second try but this time with textures Albedo, Metallic, Normal, Emissive and Detail ...

Thanks, that's perfect. Should be enough to get me started on adding support in MCX for it!

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Correct, to get the PBR you need to use MDL files.

But for P3D v4 the GPW already uses MDL files, so you can use PBR on them when it's supported in the future by MCX.

Country
france
@Lagaffe tried what you said with the SDK config
but no result
i don't think that it checks the version but it might be the problem too
i'll post a video about the things i did and i'll let you tell me what i did wrong
:)

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
When you install the SDK (ex: Z:\SDK_P3Dv4), you can find at the root directory a file Z:\SDK_P3Dv4\ConfigSDK.exe that you hav to launch as Administrator and you must valid by Yes at the question asked.
For that you should hava P3D v4.4 installed in order to write in some files under Z:\SDK_P3Dv4\ the correct path to P3D.exe.

If you don't make this step, your SDK isn't well configured and you cannot use Max as you want. It is as simple as that. ;)

Country
france
When you install the SDK (ex: Z:\SDK_P3Dv4), you can find at the root directory a file Z:\SDK_P3Dv4\ConfigSDK.exe that you hav to launch as Administrator and you must valid by Yes at the question asked.
For that you should hava P3D v4.4 installed in order to write in some files under Z:\SDK_P3Dv4\ the correct path to P3D.exe.

If you don't make this step, your SDK isn't well configured and you cannot use Max as you want. It is as simple as that. ;)

@Lagaffe
can you plz send me the Prepar3D.exe just to configure the SDK so at least i can use the PBR before i get the v4.4 PLLLZZ

edit : i can get the Prepar3DPBR with your project but not with mine

Attachments

• Sans titre.png
    Sans titre.png
    116.7 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands

Very useful file. I think I have been able to find where most of the parameters are stored in the MDL file now. So that means that MCX can start to read and write them. I'll continue to implement it tomorrow.