P3D V5 - strange textures on custom object exported with Blender2P3D tool

Hi, I just finished my first ever Blender object and wanted to export it using the latest version of the Blender2P3D tool (with P3D V5 support) and the P3D V5 HF 1 SDK installed. In Blender the model looks good, when I load it into MCX I need to flip the textures vertically but that´s not a big deal. However, after placing the model with ADE, compiling the airport and starting P3D, the model looks pure white. Here are some screenshots to illustrate the problem:

Blender:

blender.png

MCX:

mcx.png

But in P3D V5 I get this:

P3D.jpg

Does anyone have an idea what I´m doing wrong?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Fabian

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Did you UV unwrap it within blender at all or how were the textures applied to the model?

Yes, UV unwrapped in Blender and baked separately (diffuse, AO, normal; specular map created by hand in photoshop):

blenderUV.jpg

NFTO_terminal_diffuse.png

Vitus

Resource contributor
Hey fabs,

I think this is due to the reflection value. Turn down the reflection scale to something more reasonable 0-20? and try again.

I noticed this behavior as well and I changed the default setting of the toolset in the next version.

Thank you, I´ll try your suggestions tonight. I thought that some parameter might be totally off; though I believe I left everything at its default value thinking that this might be the best option for most situations. It´s probably a good idea to change the reflection to a reasonable level by default.

Thanks and Cheers,

Fabian

Vitus

Resource contributor
Yeah, I this one is on me, because the toolset defaults to 100 as a reflection value.

But while we're at it: what SHOULD be the default value for this setting? In our test build I set it to "0", but maybe something around 10-20 would be better? I really have no clue :ziplip:

Pyscen

Resource contributor
@Vitus

It really depends on the material used.. metal compare to non-metal. Also depends on texture also, dark compared to light. I would set to 0 (zero). Let the developer decide what value is needed for them.

If I recall correctly, in the FSX gamepack for gmax the values are determined by a percentage slider (0-100, default 0), translating to reflection scale values between 0 and 1 in the compiled model. Reflection scale > 1 doesn't really make sense anyway, does it?

Don't know if it's different for P3D.