• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Parallax Windows - how to make them work with Blender2MSFS ?

Country
canada
Somebody pretty please explain how parallax works. I made it work accidentally once, and it works on a custom window I made, which looks very nice, like there is a 3D room inside, even night emission works, but when I try another object and create new material I can't make it work again. I feel like I'm wandering in the dark, not knowing what I'm doing. I need a clear steps and reuirements for the object and material so parallax window would work every time. I know it's not visible in Blender, that's OK, I almost figured out the settings, I just can't reproduce it in any other object I create. So there must be something in the first object I accidentally changed which I'm missing, but I can't find any differences from the new objects that never work now. I going crazy...

Darn! I wish my short-term memory wasn't so unreliable any longer. I watched a video presentation on just this exact subject several weeks ago, but where I found it is what I've apparently forgotten! :(

Somebody pretty please explain how parallax works. I made it work accidentally once, and it works on a custom window I made, which looks very nice, like there is a 3D room inside, even night emission works, but when I try another object and create new material I can't make it work again. I feel like I'm wandering in the dark, not knowing what I'm doing. I need a clear steps and reuirements for the object and material so parallax window would work every time. I know it's not visible in Blender, that's OK, I almost figured out the settings, I just can't reproduce it in any other object I create. So there must be something in the first object I accidentally changed which I'm missing, but I can't find any differences from the new objects that never work now. I going crazy...
Did you apply UV in 2 channal?
A parallax effect can be used to render fake interiors through a building window. It uses the second UV set (UV2) to tile the fake rooms.

Also Front texture should be with some transparancy (saved as png)

Might I suggest, don't get too complicated. I am one of those guys that wants it perfect however, one rarely walks up to the windows and looks in, unless they are making a video promo for how cool their model is. It's aflight sim not a 1st person shooter :). Attached is an example of MSFS2020's goto routine window, Also attached is what I call "closer up" windows that I made along with emission textures. All textures I made were done in an art program using the UV layout as a guide. No fancy stuff other than a piece of slightly reflective glass (note the reflection of the post in the window yet still see the texture behind the glass, i did a settings post on this herein) over the front of the interior textures (windows) that are painted on the building, ie.on the same texture atlas as the rest of the building. No second uv is needed IMHO. This workflow is my changeup from using sketch_up in x-plane and going to blender for msfs, so I am learning pbr now, my final thumbnail.

MSFS
msfs glass.png
MINE
Screenshot (255)sm.png
night
night_windows.png

PBR
shed_01.png

Might I suggest, don't get too complicated. I am one of those guys that wants it perfect however, one rarely walks up to the windows and looks in, unless they are making a video promo for how cool their model is. It's aflight sim not a 1st person shooter :). Attached is an example of MSFS2020's goto routine window, Also attached is what I call "closer up" windows that I made along with emission textures. All textures I made were done in an art program using the UV layout as a guide. No fancy stuff other than a piece of slightly reflective glass (note the reflection of the post in the window yet still see the texture behind the glass, i did a settings post on this herein) over the front of the interior textures (windows) that are painted on the building, ie.on the same texture atlas as the rest of the building. No second uv is needed IMHO. This workflow is my changeup from using sketch_up in x-plane and going to blender for msfs, so I am learning pbr now, my final thumbnail.

MSFS
View attachment 64894
MINE
View attachment 64895
night
View attachment 64896

PBR
View attachment 64897
Very nice texture work there. I think parallax is immersive when aircraft arrive or depart from the gates and the motion gives that realism illusion. Tour buildings can also benefit from that if people want to use the Extra to do aerobatics like the MSFS trailer showed in Dubai I guess.

Does anybody know how to use "offset Time" for ParallaxWindows? In 3ds max you can find it here
1604753366341.png

Not sure but the post that covers the conversion of sample files pretty much makes adjusts other than albedo facto and tint unnecessary

Back