Parking Object Mirror and Runway Light/Texture

Hi Guys, I have 2 questions that I hope to have your helps :

+ 1 st : I want to create an object like a mirror that is put in front of the parking spot to help me to park the aircraft at the right position, do you know any library object like that (a mirror) that I can find on the internet and then put it via ADE ? (I'm using GSX too but sometimes I prefer having that kind of object to park when I fly Cargo)

+ 2 nd : I don't have any light on the taxi line, any way to add the light on it ? and how to replace the runway texture ? my runway texture is a bit like FS9 style, so I want to improve a bit

Thanks guys for your help, and great day to all.

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Assuming you want lights on the taxi centre line if your using ADE the you can specify left, right or both side blue edge line lights and centre line green.

If you are looking at "stop line" (hold) lights then you can add light models to that effect. If you want to see the ground lines better you can add apron ground light splashes

Assuming you want lights on the taxi centre line if your using ADE the you can specify left, right or both side blue edge line lights and centre line green.

If you are looking at "stop line" (hold) lights then you can add light models to that effect. If you want to see the ground lines better you can add apron ground light splashes
Thanks i will do that, do you have any idea about question 1 ?

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
If Im not mistaken there is no real mirror effect in FSX. However, can you consider an window with camera angle that can open on mouse click , appear in a small screen on the cockpit giving the same effect AND if its FSx it might be a piece of transferable code that can be used for all aircraft types i.e. that shows the nose gear and therefore the T line

Attachments

gfxpilot

Resource contributor
Might be possible to simulate papa system.
Technically as a first brain dump guess it might be possible. The box is a standard containing in sketchup/blender.
The Parallax Aircraft Parking Aid is frequently combined with an AGNIS system, informing flight crews when to stop. The device features no electronics or moving parts; it consists simply of a large grey box (usually with one or more sides missing) with a large rectangular slot cut into the front.

Inside the box, towards the rear, is a white stick or fluorescent tube, which appears to move from one side of the slot to the other as the viewer moves closer, although it is in fact fixed and the effect is merely due to perspective Above and/or below this slot will be markings in white or yellow, indicating where different types of plane should stop.

As this system relies on the position of the viewer, it will not give accurate distance information to aircraft which have deviated significantly from the stand centreline.