• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Parking Problem

Country
ca-ontario
I just uploaded the BGL file, I hope it will help.

Attachments

• CYHM_ADEX_FCL.BGL
    30 KB · Views: 355
Country
ca-ontario
I don't know if this is what your looking for. I'm trying. Frank!

Attachments

• Project.txt
    533 bytes · Views: 338
Country
us-arkansas
From your attachment above

Project Name: CYHM_ADEX_FCL.ad2
Project Folder: C:\Users\Framk!\Documents
File Size: 294Kb

The file with the .ad2 extension is the project file. ADE gives you a lot of information and data which cannot be compiled into an airport. For example, when creating complex military parking areas - I use a lot of guidelines. I need those to be available when I open the file to make adjustments. Guidelines cannot into an airport .BGL file. The same with background images.

Also decompiling and recompiling airport files the way AFCAD does is a great way to introduce errors.

All that means is that the MASTER file for your project cannot be a .BGL file.

Thus ADE saves the project into an .ad2 file. When your project is at a completion point - then you compile it into a .bgl file.

But the master project file is still saved.

GHD

Country
england
The first thing to note is that you do not have a parking spot 200.

Secondly, you seem to have created aprons outside of the default airport flatten so trees are growing on them:

Default airport background:

Country
ca-ontario
Ive been flying in and out of this airport and there are no trees in the way.

Had the Boeing c17 out for a while and no problems returning to parking spot.

Country
ca-ontario
I just uploaded 3 pics to show how clean the airport is. No Trees. FranK!

Attachments

• fsx 2012-10-09 19-57-01-67 (2).jpg
    fsx 2012-10-09 19-57-01-67 (2).jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 447
  • fsx 2012-10-09 20-01-03-06.jpg
    fsx 2012-10-09 20-01-03-06.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 294
  • fsx 2012-10-09 19-57-47-34.jpg
    fsx 2012-10-09 19-57-47-34.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 354
Country
us-arkansas
I just uploaded 3 pics to show how clean the airport is. No Trees. FranK!

What are your scenery slider settings?

One lesson most of us have learned the hard way is that when designing and testing airports - we need the scenery sliders set to the maximum possible.

We also have to set ADE to the Extremely Dense setting.

That way we see everything that can impact the airport - and if we share the airport we don't get "Why is there XXXX in the middle of the runway, apron, etc?".

When we are satisfied, we set out sliders back to our normal position for our flying enjoyment.

Some of us have even had to go back and redo close to 100 airports when we got a better computer and were able to move the sliders higher - all these buildings and trees suddenly appeared.

Since you are using FSX, it is very easy with ADE to exclude the default airport background polygon, and replace it with a new polygon that covers the areas you have added to the airport.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
There are 42 parking spots in the ADE project file. When I compile it I get a Bgl files with 42 parking spots including #200.

The Bgl file that you supplied contains only 39 parking spots and does not include the spot #200. It seem that you have a compiled solution that does not contain the new parking spots. It also seems possible that you have another with the extra spots but the one you have posted is taking higher priority.

Part of the problem would be if you are working from the Bgl file. Reggie has explained very clearly why this is not a good idea.

I would recommend removing all the addon bgl files you can find for CYHM and then compile a new one from the .AD2 project file.

Country
ca-ontario
To begin with...I had ADE installed in the wrong place. This was corrected this morning when I re-installed ADE. A new problem I have now is all the aircraft I installed into FSX have no color. Microsoft Aircraft are okay. I will be removing all my aircraft and re-installing same. Fun! Fun! Fun!

Country
ca-ontario
I forgot to ask...is ADE newest version work in 64bit?

I tried to install version 145 but it is 32bit only.

Still having problems with color for add-one aircraft.

Last edited:

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
1.50 works with 32bit and 64bit operating systems. I do not understand what you mean by aircraft colors. Do you mean you lost all the textures for aircraft in the sim? I don't think so since that could not be anything to do with ADE. On the other hand do you mean the color of the parking spots when you add an airline code to them? If so then that is something that is up to you and is information stored in a file inside ADE.

tgibson

Resource contributor
Country
us-california
For the planes with no color, make sure you have the DX10 Preview within FSX turned OFF.

Hope this helps,

Country
ca-ontario
When two excellant software work together either one could have a problem effecting the other. No one is to blame, it's going to happen. I give my thanks to the one that suggested I turn off DX10. My Aircraft came back with tectures. Now to number 200. Always a problem, Can't live without them. Frank!

Attachments

• fsx 2012-10-10 15-25-56-87.jpg
    fsx 2012-10-10 15-25-56-87.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 396
Country
ca-ontario
I am trying the new Beta program and I added 3 parking spots in a stock Airport.
In FSX I wanted to start my aircraft on a new parking spot from the new stock airport and there was no Parking spots listed under active runnways.
Frank!

GHD

Country
england
I am trying the new Beta program and I added 3 parking spots in a stock Airport.
In FSX I wanted to start my aircraft on a new parking spot from the new stock airport and there was no Parking spots listed under active runnways.
Frank!

Therefore you do not have the compiled bgl in an active scenery area.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Can you please confirm the exact name and location of the folder that you are saving your compiled Bgl files to? The simplest place is ..\Addon Scenery\scenery.