• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS parking radius not known?

Country
us-northcarolina
I just saw this for first time..I have a new VHHX scenery for MSFS2020 and I just notice this...little help? Also i get this..departure/arrival times..is there something that will just correct this? automatically etc?

Thanks,
BobM.

Attachments

• vhhx 1.PNG
    vhhx 1.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 227
  • vhhx2.PNG
    vhhx2.PNG
    103.8 KB · Views: 245

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I'll check the parking radius stuff.

As for the "departure too soon stuff, AIFP is telling you there's less than the "sit-time" your specified between arrival and departure. One of the AIFP/Flight Plans/Adjust Departure Times ... functions may reduce or eliminate the number of instances, but unless you are watching a particular airport, why bother?

Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks Don...so no problem then on the arrival departure stuff.? compile and go on...lol . yeah I noticed I believe today for the first time the radius stuff..

Bestest!!

BobM.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Whether or not the "departure too soon" stuff is up to you.

Re the parking radius, I've found another place where 2020 saves it. I'll re-release ASAP.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just posted Development Release 3.4.1.6(d) at http://stuff4fs.com.

Following this report of this problem, I have discovered another source in MSFS2020 aircraft for wing-span and cruise speed. AIFP now uses those sources.

To all, please give this development release a good workout

Country
us-northcarolina
In the "about" it say 3.4.1.6(d) but the parking radius error message keeps showing up?

Thanks Don
BobM

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Then please send me one of the f20 aircraft folders that is giving problems so I can see where radius is saved. Also, please identify its path in MSFS. I'm also going to need the traffic file.

Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, it's important you send me all the info I asked for as well as any other amplifying info available - like where you saved everything

I have just checked the AIFP code. I found everything I did yesterday to fix the issue already done in a more elegant way and, due to the absence of complaints, I assume it had been working reasonably well. So, yesterday's work was a waste of time and accomplished nothing (as you have discovered.0 The real question now is why you got different results with your VXXX package.

ASAP, please.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Talk about finding a hard way to do things!!!!!!

Open AIFP, select MSFS as your Target Version (if in fact that's your intent), select the FP/traffic file and click compile. The traffic file will go into MSFS2020/Community/Custom AI Traffic all formatted properly.

Bob, I realise 80 pages is a lot of reading, but there's a lot of useful info in the User Manual (and please don't play the "age card" on me).

Country
us-northcarolina
LMAO..i turn 70 in 4 days OMG... thanks.......i will remove all those attachments or you can...

Thanks Don..

BobM.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I have just posted AIFP Development Release 3.4.1.5(e) to http://stuff4fs.com. Yesterday, I inadvertently, effectively duplicated some changes applied weeks ago to facilitate determination of MSFS2020 aircraft cruise speed and parking radius. Those latter changes have been removed.

During this development activity, I also discovered I had suppressed display of some MSFS2020 aircraft parameters in the Aircraft Editor. That suppression has been removed.

I'd like to promote 3.4.12.6(e) to a general release ASAP. To that end, MSFS20220 users please update.

Country
us-northcarolina
Thanks Don.. I will try it at 4am our time in the am and let you know. Its 510pm..got to go to bed...lol

Very Best to you!!

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
I fear I may have slightly misinformed you above. I said
The traffic file will go into MSFS2020/Community/Custom AI Traffic all formatted properly.

In fact, the traffic file formatted for MSFS2020 will go into AIFP\Traffic Files\F20\Package (unless you change it). It's up to you to copy it to wherever in MSFS2020 you want to put it. The traffic file, by itself, will also be in MSFS2020 will go into AIFP\Traffic Files\F20. The latter is the path you see in the Compiled File Path text box at the bottom of the Main Panel.

If you edit the Compiled File Path, then it will always be initialized to the last edited value.

Last edited:
Country
us-northcarolina
Found the select button to locate my aircraft.. I had to move the aircraft folder. I select "all" and drill down the list to the folder and click on "use selected or checked and I get this..

BobM.

Attachments

• AIFP error 2 pic.PNG
    AIFP error 2 pic.PNG
    43.6 KB · Views: 195
  • AIFP erro pic 2.PNG
    AIFP erro pic 2.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 181
  • AIFP error.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
The exception is an AIFP issue I'll attempt to fix today. At what point did you experience it? I suspect it is due to the unusual steps you've taken and path sequence mentioned below. Nonetheless, now that it's happened, it needs to be fixed.

As for the path to textures, are you sure you're right about moving aircraft? That seems like an unusual requirement. How is the path to the aircraft to be found? If this is documented somewhere in the MSFS SDK, please point me to it. Aircraft paths in other parts of MSFS are Simobjects\Airplane\title\Texture, model etc - quite unlike your modified path. In any case, someone else will have to advise you there.

gadgets

Resource contributor
Country
ca-britishcolumbia
Bob, I have managed to duplicate the exception you experienced. It is due to your rather unorthodox aircraft folder configuration. Don't know why you are saving aircraft this way, but I seriously doubt MSFS will eve find that aircraft.

The exception will be fixed in the next development release.

Country
us-northcarolina
I moved the aircraft folder back where it was which is in a dedicated folder in community AI Traffic and most of my planes went black again.....It read the title lines and all my planes are back in substitute. But I am getting the radius error. Here's my ini and a bgl..its for VHHX the old KaiTak airport. Trying to figure out about the texture cfg at AIG and one post in the FS Developer..

Don.. Enjoy the New Year and Be Safe!!!

BobM.

Attachments

• AIFP ini.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 127
  • Traffic_VHHX_Retro.bgl
    260.2 KB · Views: 149