• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Parking Spot Display Problem

Country
unitedstates
Hi Jon!

Just installed today's update. I am having a problem with default WIII. When I modified the position of the gates to correspond with the charts using today's update as well as previous, I am having an issue with the aircraft footprints assigned to the various gates. Some of them are not appearing. In earlier versions of ADE I was able to just resave the aircraft position object and it would give it priority when I loaded FSX. WIII is a very complicated scenery with many layers of objects but no matter how I try to force them all to the back and/or move the footprint to the front, many of them seem to still not appear in FSX. If they don't appear then UT2 won't assign them as far as I can tell. What procedure to force the footprints to appear? I am including my updated AFCAD for WIII. I have been an avid user of your program for years and years. Thanks for the great and necessary tool. Please help me!

Attachments

• WIII_ADEX_CWU.ad4
    118.1 KB · Views: 161

GHD

Country
england
When you say "footprints" do you mean the oil stains?

UT2 will use any parking spot if it has a radius equal to or greater than half the aircrft's wing-span.

Country
unitedstates
No! It is the green parking spot designators that display as a "T" bar for smaller aircraft or a shape for heavy aircraft. FSX is showing the yellow line path but nothing at the end of it. Never had this problem before but it may be that this AFCAD has so many layers on top of each other. The footprint will only show up if it has last loading priority (moved to the absolute "front"). For some reason I am not able to do this now. Is it the scenery or the latest upgrade that is affecting this?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
The latest update fixed some bugs. None related to this area so it is very unlikely to be the new version changes.

GHD

Country
england
The footprint will only show up if it has last loading priority (moved to the absolute "front"). For some reason I am not able to do this now. Is it the scenery or the latest upgrade that is affecting this?
The front/back scenario is only for the ADE display, it has no effect on how lines are displayed in FSX.

In ADE, select "View" and uncheck "Generic Buildings" and "Library Objects". Any green circle you see will be a parking spot available to UT2.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have moved this to a new thread.

Country
unitedstates
Then how do I insure that the parking position markings show up in FSX. It always seemed to depend on whether I set it to "front" in the AFCAD. Usually, however, just editiing the parking position as the last edit moved it to the top position and thus made it visible. This particular AFCAD has several layers of building structures very close to the parking position and undoubtedly affect FSX display priority. I have used ADE to "move" them all to the back and move the parking position indicators to the front but only some are displaying in FSX. I am sure there is some technique that would solve the issue. I have included the AFCAD in question (since this is the first AFCAD I have ever had such an issue with) in my OP. Constructive suggestions from anyone would be appreciated. Thank you.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
As I recall one of the problems with getting the markings to show up is the heading of the parking spot against the heading of the parking link. If the heading of both are identical then try moving the parking spot heading one or two degrees right or left.

Country
unitedstates
Thanks, Jon!

It worked. I found that if I adjust the green parking spot and then follow that with a small adjustment to the attached path, the spot will show up in FSX. That must be what I had been doing before and just not realized it. Seems to have nothing to do with the view layer in ADE. Great program, Jon!

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
No it is nothing to do with ADE. It is a problem with FSX that has been there since the start. Drawing layers in ADE are just that - they don't control the drawing order in FSX. They are there to aid the users design work - like most CAD programs you sometimes need to move things out of the way.

The only place ADE matches FSX is when it comes to the general order of airport elements and the drawing order for different surface types, None of this has anything to do with parking/

Country
unitedstates
Hi Jon!
How it works is your department, but all I know is that what you suggested has solved my problem. Thank you again!