FS2004 Parts of jetways missing at FRF MIA

Hi y'all, tried asking this question over at flightsim but it didn't appear like anybody was really able to help since I've already done the most obvious steps towards fixing it (changing settings). Here's what I wrote for the most part:

"I decided to fly into MIA and all was great except upon arriving to the gate, I realized some of the jetways were missing. I wasn't sure if maybe my cat stepped on a button that reduced the scenery complexity to remove some jetways (this was the case on a previous flight when some jetways were missing at another airport), however even with this set to extreme, certain jetways remain missing. I know for a fact there used to be jetways at these gates since I have a photo of the airport at a previous time.

I'm using FRF Studios' MIAv4. I have an edited AFCAD in the addonscenery/scenery folder, with a higher priority than the actual scenery folder. I tried removing the AFCAD file out of both locations individually, but it doesn't appear to be either the original or edited AFCAD doing the trouble here.

I had some trouble installing EZ/diy/etc. scenery libraries back when I tried reinstalling everything back into the computer. Perhaps a duplicate is causing this? I would've thought the scenery would work independently on whether there was something elsewhere to call upon. Help would be appreciated as always. Also I also did a fresh install of the original scenery; results were the same."

I would accept it if the missing jetways were somewhere else, like concourse J, H, etc, but they are in concourse D, and I have always flown via MIA on an American Airlines aircraft, so this is bothersome. Any possible suggestions? I don't know what caused this to happen.

Attachments

I use FRF MIAv4 too. All is fine here.
The missing jetways are made by diy_jetways_lib_ss.bgl. So please check if this library is installed correct.

I use FRF MIAv4 too. All is fine here.
The missing jetways are made by diy_jetways_lib_ss.bgl. So please check if this library is installed correct.
I've got that bgl file. Where should I put it? It's in addonscenery/scenery at the moment and it doesn't do the trick. I tried putting it in KMIA but it didn't work out either. I also have a "static objects" library installed in addonscenery, for RWY12 or EZ, I forget. I realize the jetways missing have the citibank textures, it's probably a particular piece of jetway or pieces missing or corrupted.

I feel like there's something I've done with the scenery bgl files that has caused some things to change, as I noticed some of the textures on DEN jetways were missing (nothing distracting though...).

It's a file I didn't always have however, yet the scenery worked just fine (I installed it so I can have other sceneries work). Shouldn't KMIA work independently whether or not I have the diy jetways bgl file installed?

I was wrong...
KMIA has its own libraries for these jetways with own paints (bmps).
(Some times ago I deleted 13 library BGLs of KMIA, because I had these libraries twice or more often installed. I try to install libraries only once in "Static Objects Library" folder.)
Sorry, no more ideas...

I was wrong...
KMIA has its own libraries for these jetways with own paints (bmps).
(Some times ago I deleted 13 library BGLs of KMIA, because I had these libraries twice or more often installed. I try to install libraries only once in "Static Objects Library" folder.)
Sorry, no more ideas...
Yeah I'm afraid if it's worth it, just do a fresh reinstall of FS2004, unfortunately a lot of times it's not completely uninstalled and some stuff is leftover in this "registry". I had a tool that cleaned that stuff up but it was deleted when I had problems with the computer all around (had to reinstall the OS). Know of such a registry tool for FS9?

That or I may try to add the jetways back myself, either the originals or different ones, however using ADE with this scenery did weird things while editing.... as always ):

Edit: ok it didn't do the weird duplicate parking/taxi/object thing this time, now I can just edit it myself.

Thanks regardless!

Last edited:
Decided to open up the library_aerobridge.bgl and aerobridgedom.bgl files and place every object out, I noticed that some of the jetways appear to be... either they're supposed to be stubs, or part of these objects are missing, if that's even possible. I'm guessing they're just parts of jetway used in conjunction with others.

Some textures also appear to be missing (those houses/hangars in the picture you posted on the South side of the apron are texture-less). I've seen this before with 9Dragons' Kai Tak scenery, but that was fixed after a fresh install of FS9 but placing the FS9 directory outside of program files x86 that time. Clearly that isn't the case for this scenery.

EDIT2: Manually inserted the missing jetways from the aerobridge.bgl file. Took a lot of moving around/exiting/entering FS9 and ADE to get them properly placed, along with the parking spots. Textures still missing few around the airport, but nothing terribly distracting. Just wished I didn't have to spend so much time troubleshooting and playing around; would rather go fly!

EDIT3: Experienced the same problem at KEYW (FRF scenery too). They advised placing the textures in FS9/textures and this worked. Performing this action with MIA not only returned some missing textures to the scenery, but the jetways too returned (now I have duplicates! I will remove the added ones later).

Attachments

Last edited: