• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 PBR texture of asphalt (reflection)

Country
moldova
Hello again )
Guys, someone of you tried to make PBR texture of Asphalt? I've tried but so far i didn't got an satisfying result. I can't get realistic reflections. Please see the screenshots in the spoiler.
What i'm doing wrong? Maybe you could help me with this?
Thanks!!!

reflection (2).jpg
reflection.jpg
albedo.jpg
metal.jpg
normal.jpg

Country
malaysia
Me too having the similar problem. But I got the reflection. Just I couldn't find way to make the effects focused as these images.
1560507051733.png 1560507077730.png

These were my result:
1560507166831.png 1560507181586.png 1560507225631.png
What's your PBR material settings on MCX? I would suggest you to make your metallic alpha (smoothness map) more lighter. Not too dark.

Country
malaysia
Thank you, could you please share your details map screenshot?

Edit:
If possible share your texture so that someone who are pro on PBR texture can look on it and identify the problem in the texture.

Country
france
Hello all
i got this great result at day time but when the sun gen lower the texture becomes crazy, i use onle an albedo / metalic / and normal, no detail map applied
1) how can i solve that
2) what the detail map is for and how do we make it
thnx in advance

Attachments

• 2019-7-11_3-58-47-901.png
    2019-7-11_3-58-47-901.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 348
  • 2019-7-11_3-58-57-348.png
    2019-7-11_3-58-57-348.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 342
Country
malaysia
Hi @RED COOL & @Michael21,

That is because your normal map has quite high details. You should lower the normal map settings when creating it. If you are using Photoshop, try change the value in Details Scale and Contrast Details (Low, Medium and High):

1562840194151.png

Make it lower than the current value of you texture.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello all
i got this great result at day time but when the sun gen lower the texture becomes crazy, i use onle an albedo / metalic / and normal, no detail map applied
1) how can i solve that
2) what the detail map is for and how do we make it
thnx in advance

LOL - I'm sorry but my dictionary doesn't have the meaning of "becomes crazy". Red, you been here long enough that you know how to explain what is happening, the pictures do not really state what you are trying to say.

They "key" to asphalt is "not" having the albedo map to dark or to light (or near black or white), otherwise, you will have some weird side effects, such as flickering - like a strobe effect. The metalness map within the metallic map (red channel) should be destinated as non-metal. I believe that would make the metalness map within the metallic map "black". I would suggest though using a smoothness map within your metallic map. Within the smoothness map, the areas that have the black like appearance (tar or petroleum) be made smooth.

Country
france
@Pyscen you mean i place my smoothness map twice (in its place and in the metalic)? and what do you mean by albedo mustn't be black or white (the ground at that airport is new and still pure black)

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello...

you mean i place my smoothness map twice (in its place and in the metalic)?

The Smoothness map goes in 1 place (either within the alpha channel of the albedo map or the alpha channel of the metallic map). Can not be in both places at the same time.

Or

Is it something else? What do you mean by in "its place"? Are you referring to a 3dsMax slot or something else?

and what do you mean by albedo mustn't be black or white (the ground at that airport is new and still pure black)

I believe you have more forgiveness (or lead way) by having it at "near black" than white in the albedo map. Try to avoid using a pure white within the albedo map, I believe it's in the range of 255 through 235 (examples of 255, 255, 255 through 235, 235, 235 color codes). Within either Photoshop or GIMP, you can select a given color by pixel and adjusting it accordingly or "balancing" the texture by removing the highlights within.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Hello

I was just differentiating the 2, metalness and metallic. The metalness map goes into the metallic map. The metallic map is made up of the 2 or 3 maps ( Metalness, Ambient Occlusion, and Smoothness), etc...

I'm not sure on the actual cut off of "white". I haven't fully tested it yet... just know that it can cause problems within P3D v4.5 (maybe, v4.4) if the "white" color is in the albedo map.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
Concrete and asphalt are not classified as being metallic or a metal, therefore it shouldn't be made as such within the metalness map.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Country
us-texas
OK...

But, didn't you say that that it was "becoming crazy"? Still, I'm not sure in what context you mean by that statement

Country
france
you see those black dots when the sun get lower, that's the crazy part, only at sunrise/set