P3D v4 PBR - What am I doing wrong?

Hi,
I made my first PBR test yesterday and unfortunately not very successful. I wanted to keep it easy and made a simple cube:

Unbenannt.JPG

I downloaded a few pbr textures from textures.com and prepared them how it was shown in this tutorial (red channel metallic, green channel AO and alpha channel smoothness:

I checked all the Exporter-settings and everything relates to the correct SDK for 4.4... also I am choosing to export it as a 4.4-bgl. But in the simulator it lools more or less exactly like in this MCX preview. Something I am missing?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Are you using the latest MCX? The first version with PBR support had some bugs in the exporting.

Pyscen

Resource contributor
Hello David...

Can you share your simple box... maybe with more eyes looking at it... (of course - with the textures too).

Hello David...

Can you share your simple box... maybe with more eyes looking at it... (of course - with the textures too).
Thanks for the offer. But actually it is working now. I was reading that Leonardo suggested to update Client and Content if you want to use their new PBR models. And I only updated the Client, since that usually is sufficient... Seems that this time it was not.