PC Specs for FSX

Hello, I recently saw this gaming laptop online (http://www.ebuyer.com/719039-msi-ge72-2qd-apache-pro-gaming-laptop-9s7-179211-238), which is from MSI. I didn't buy it yet. However, I know u guys might say better get a desktop but the thing is that I don't want a desktop because its too much and I am not living in my Home country, so I need something that is easier. The current laptop I have is actually a business laptop, which I don't hve problem with for doing works and so on. I have fspassengers X, REX essential Pus (with software updater), Flytampa Dubai, PMDG 777, AES and WOAI traffic as extra addons for fsx. You can find the laptop specs (which I saw online) below:

MSI GE72 2QD Apache Pro Gaming Laptop
  • Intel Core i7-5700HQ 2.7GHz
  • 8GB RAM + 1TB HDD + 128GB SSD
  • 17.3" FHD + DVD Writer
  • NVIDIA GTX 960M 2GB
  • Windows 10 64bit
Now, my question is that, will fsx work good with this gaming laptop (specs given above), If I buy it (also keeping in mind the addons)? Pl reply. Thank you

Last edited:

Heretic

Resource contributor
The clock speed of the CPU is rather low compared to what you'd get in a desktop, so don't be suprised if you can't max out some sliders.

I also forgot to mention that it also has turbo boost for CPU, GPU. I can't remember exactly, I saw it somewhere in the review video or on the website. And does 2.7GHz mean 2.70GHz? Plus what GHz does fsx need to make it run smooth, I guess its at least 2.0GHz?

Dutcheeseblend

Resource contributor
There's no difference between 2.7GHz and 2.70GHz, AFAIK... Just like there's no difference between 5 apples and 5.0 apples, or between 2.5 cm and 2.50 cm.
Unless we start talking about significance. ;)

System looks OK to run FSX nicely, IMHO.