People

Hi,

I am trying to find some API MAcros with people. I have got the usual suspects that a web search seems to find, are you aware of any that are there but more difficult to find. The sort I am looking for are similiar to thos used by Gary Summons in his scenery, airfield types rather than Airport. If not any idea how to go about making some?

Thanks

Paul

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Hi Paul,

I have made my own library with people, if there is interest in it I can put it online.

It contains about 10 people, as you could see them walking over a street. So no maintenance people etc, but just normal people. I have used them on my VFR airfields on it looks very nice.

I could not find a screenshot right now, but will have post one here when I get home.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Here is the texture that's shows all people included.

Let me know if there is interest, then I will collect them with some instructions in a zip and upload them.

Attachments

Hi Arno,

I think it is very usefull for many people including me :) I was thinking to put people in my scenery aswell. One question: Are it 3D people or flat ones?

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
They are flat, just like the trees. But they rotate to you, so it always looks like a person :D.

I will convert these objects to a Fs2004 library and then release them as well (just like the trees I am working on).

My peeps...

I made a people library, which is available over at AVSIM. It includes 32 men and 32 women, mostly standing around looking like passengers, but there's a few worker types in there too.

I include .api files and an index so they are quite easy to place. I also made a .xml version, but I never got around to packaging it up. Anyway, the .api version is available over at AVSIM.

If you want to make your own, it is quite easy. The hardest part was finding decent photographs to use.

- Martin

Hey Arno

I would definately like some of your folks :D I need to populate the airfield with 'airfield types' so if you know of any mechanic/spotter/chatting types that would be really good.

Thanks for the help..one day I will get this airfield finished :)

One thing..if I find some good pics myself, how do I go about making my own peeps

Last edited: