• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX person walking around

Country
ca-quebec
In FSX there are peoples and animals that walk, but stay in place.

Is there a way to get them mouving around. Say get a person to walk from one building to a other building on a airport ground.

If possible, is there a tutorial or How-to ?

I use ADE and starting to lurn SBuilderX and SDK

Hi,

I have done it with a Dynamic scenery program for fs2002 (called dynkit or something, I do not recall and cannot check it right now).
Anyway, it is possible.

Country
us-arizona
With the games missions built into FSX, like the Safari set, you see Elephants and Land Rovers moving and driving around.

With elaborate Aerosoft super airports, you have cars driving around, buses, baggae carts, etc driving around. They stay on roads, use turn signals, obey traffic lights, move on green and stop on red, etc, etc. How they do it is beyond me.

The Elephants use flexible high tech gaming technology to move making them a sophisticated moving model (like a plane) with animation bones in it. I have no idea how the bones and skins work, but people use them to make flexing wings and yoke boots all the time in planes, and its explained in the SDK on bones animation and skin flexing. (The hard part is said to get the texture correct in settings, that is really where the key element is is the texture settings).

I would like to know how they do the cars. That is just brilliant.

ORBX, before FSX, had cars in their FS2004 scenery. It would be nice to know how they did that. It was pretty cool.

Good luck on your journey into this field.

Bill

Country
ca-quebec
Thanks for your reply;

Nice video too

But it look quite hard to do,So i think i will wait a bit to see if someone can do a Tutorial or howto ;)

Now i will have a look in the SDK for the thing with the bones and .....:scratchch

Country
nicaragua
Actually, there's a video that shows the 3dCAD shots from ORBX when they were making the first version of PeopleFlow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCl2KcKmy0A
They actually used the bipedal modifier in 3ds max and added some skin to it. Then you just have to know how skinned mesh works in FSX.

The problem here is having the trajectories. The modifier only makes the walking animation, but no the trajectory. At least that's what I think, I've seen them using the same person in multiple places, so I'm guessing they are using some kind of library of persons and place them on trajectories...

Hi,

That is why I said to use AIBTC.
Download AIBTC from somewhere, read the docs and it will all become clear.
It is by far the easiest method of having your persons or animals move towards wherever you want them to.
Besides AIBTC, you would need Google Earth and FSXKML to do the job for you, but, as I said, read the AIBTC documentation and 'you will see the light' :).

Country
ca-quebec
Finally done it :D

It is not like ORBX but it works...

I created a man that walk around on the ground

I do not know how to do a video but i attached 3 image to show

Attachments

• Man-walk01.JPG
    Man-walk01.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 1,029
  • Man-walk02.JPG
    Man-walk02.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,055
  • Man-walk03.JPG
    Man-walk03.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 980
Country
indonesia

How you do that? do you use FSX library use AIBTC or create your own 3d model and assign a path?

is there any tutorial in SDK?

Country
us-massachusetts
Any chance (eventhough it's been a couple of years) of making this technology available to freeware developers? I would like to talk to you about it as the youtube links no longer work but I'm looking to get moving people in my sceneries that I create (freeware).

Thanks
Eric

eric _ 5150 at yahoo dot com

Heretic

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Post #14 basically outlines the procedure for implementing pedestrians into sceneries.