• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Photo scenery overriding ground poly

Country
australia
Hi,

I have a question regarding a scenery installation.

I have photoreal scenery of Switzerland installed. It is 1m/pixel and it is PR ground texture only, with no afcads, exclusions or any other type of file. This scenery is very low down in the scenery library so that any other sceneries such as airports that are in the area will be at a higher priority.

Recently I re-installed Aerosoft's Mega Airport Zurich V2.0, and for some strange reason that I can not figure out, the ground textures for the scenery will not appear when I have the PR Switzerland scenery active. Zurich is at the top of the scenery library. By the look of the files the whole airport ground is done with a ground poly or polys. When I have the Switzerland PR active, all the buildings appear but the ground polys do not. All I see are some very basic looking plain ashpalt aprons and some parts of taxiways, and the runway polys seem to appear as intended. Also some markings such as hold short markings and helipad markings appear. The rest of the ground poly does not appear. I see what I described above and then the rest of the area shows the base 1M Switzerland PR I have installed.

tdQEZmM.jpg

CR19ZA5.jpg

When I disable the Switzerland PR then Zurich airport will appear as intended, with all aprons, markings, taxiways, grass and everything else visible.

I can't figure out how something so low down in the scenery library is overriding something so high in the scenery library.

If anyone has any insight in to this, I would love to hear it.

Cheers,

Country
australia
When I start the flight with AS MA Zurich and Swiss PR enabled if it starts paused then the displayed altitude is 1415 feet and the trike is buried part way in the ground. As soon as the sim is unpaused the altitude changes to 1422.3 and the trike rights itself to sit on top of the ground.

The aprons and taxiways and markings that can be seen in the above pics are what are drawn in the AS MA Zurich ADEX file, so that is being displayed, but the ground poly is not. The altitude of 1422.3 for the ground seems to be consistent if Zurich is installed/enabled or not.

A clue maybe? More testing needed

Country
australia
I have discovered that the PR where Zurich airport is located is where 4 tiles overlap. When I turn off two of the PR tiles so the airport is across default ground textures and photo scenery base, then the whole ground poly appears normally. I'm just about to test turning off the other two PR tiles and turning the first two back on. It seems that the overlapping of PR tiles, causing two layers of PR where the ground poly is partly located, is causing the PR ground texture to override the ground poly. I will probably need to rework the tiles so there is less of an overlap to see if this helps.

5dZcmGL.jpg

It seems that is the issue. With just a small part of the PR removed over the airport, removing the overlap, the airport GP appears normally.

Last edited:
Country
australia
OK! Stop looking, everyone can relax now, I have solved the issue. :p

The problem must have been as I said above, because LZSH just happened to be located at the intersection/overlap of 4 PR tiles. Removing (turning off) any one of the tiles allowed the Aerosoft GP to appear normally. I recompiled just one of the PR tiles which covered the tiniest corner of the airport, and used a blend mask to blend out a rough portion of the airport bounds. When this PR tile replaces the original one with no blending, the Aerosoft Zurich scenery appears normally.

Cheers,