• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Photoreal and Autogen

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Thanks to AGN Merge Tool v2.3 + Arno's Scenproc and QGIS, I have the entire country of New Zealand completed on the Vegetation and Building Autogen.

More to my Geoimageprocessor tool, I am just finishing up water mask processing the last of the ~250GB of my Photoreal scenery.

Here's some photos of it all coming together. These shots include ORBX as a base and my Photoreal on top along with the vegetation.

Attachments

• 2019-5-26_14-23-43-353.jpg
    2019-5-26_14-23-43-353.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 463
  • 2019-5-28_14-40-10-901.jpg
    2019-5-28_14-40-10-901.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 463
  • 2019-5-28_14-46-5-736.jpg
    2019-5-28_14-46-5-736.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 444
  • 2019-5-28_16-53-4-78.jpg
    2019-5-28_16-53-4-78.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 429
  • 2019-5-28_16-55-33-261.jpg
    2019-5-28_16-55-33-261.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 462
  • 2019-5-28_17-0-52-777.jpg
    2019-5-28_17-0-52-777.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 459
Country
germany
Wow - that's a real impressive work! I like the colours of the ground, not too strong and not too pale. Very harmonious! Except for the last pic, there it seems to be both - ORBX landclass and your PG - are overlapping. Something seems to bleed through or autogen trees are being placed on wrong areas maybe?

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Wow - that's a real impressive work! I like the colours of the ground, not too strong and not too pale. Very harmonious! Except for the last pic, there it seems to be both - ORBX landclass and your PG - are overlapping. Something seems to bleed through or autogen trees are being placed on wrong areas maybe?

Thanks for your comments :)

The Photoreal is all photoreal, only orbx is used for the mesh, water class and land class, airports, and points of interest. What do you mean by bleed through?

Oh, and I have since removed the ORBX estuary and sand bar textures, they looked ok but didn't work so much against the photoreal.

Country
unitedkingdom
Two points:
  • In the first photo, above and slightly behind the starboard wing, the stadium 3d model does not match the underlying photo footprint. Incongruent positioning of such models gives a negative impression of what otherwise looks like a good project.

• In the final picture, there appears to be a border between two areas of different colour shading (greens and browns) of the ground photo. It starts in the bottom left and makes its way across the bottom third of the picture.
    Maybe that is an issue with the original source image colouring. It would be a nice to have if it could be eliminated.
Otherwise, good work so far Kelvin!

Country
germany
Kelvin, I took the liberty to use your pic to show what I mean (I guess that's similar to what F737NG noticed as well...):

There is a smooth border line, marked by the red arrows.
Furthermore, ignore my comment regarding the vegetation. By a look at the original size of the screenshot everything looks fine!

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
That's the standard colour issue with sourced terrain imagery, unfortunately. The problem with this type of raw imagery is that the images in most cases are stitched together. so it's not ORBX but I may on the future correct it, but it is an entire country and not my imagery my autogen is my work specifically as well as the tool that water masks the imagery and generates BGL files for it so this will work on any photoreal for New Zealand. The autogen is quite large though.

Kelvin Richardson

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Two points:
  • In the first photo, above and slightly behind the starboard wing, the stadium 3d model does not match the underlying photo footprint. Incongruent positioning of such models gives a negative impression of what otherwise looks like a good project.

• In the final picture, there appears to be a border between two areas of different colour shading (greens and browns) of the ground photo. It starts in the bottom left and makes its way across the bottom third of the picture.
    Maybe that is an issue with the original source image colouring. It would be a nice to have if it could be eliminated.
Otherwise, good work so far Kelvin!
Hi,
Well ORBX libraries are used in the scenery based on their configured setup for the positioning so it looks like they have it wrong there, so I'll probably modify it for my own fussy need to get it looking good, that stadium does look out of place.

Country
germany
Kelvin, thanks for explanation. Your whole work look terrific, so those minor parts don't reduce your great project!