• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Photosceneries and Autogen Packages for the world

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Dear all,

Just in time for Easter, I've got another big batch of scenery for you.
This time I've mainly been travelling in southern Asia.

But let's start with the Arabian Peninsula, where two countries are still outstanding.

First of all Kuwait:
g286fhpi.png

p42d3ry9.png

53hyd2nv.png

... and Qatar:
c3wuragu.png

8mgstvjz.png

hfvw7yh7.png

Then we move on to the country that borders Iran and Afghanistan: Pakistan!
eaz75mrx.png

dn3aenjq.png

obn3qayy.png

bor3v6v8.png

And then comes my highlight for today...
Probably the most complicated scenery I've ever built.

India!

More than 1 billion (!) buildings have been placed.

y854wpe8.png

r8huez7g.png

w4opic72.png

ytegr3t5.png

s3bacfv3.png

7bdel5km.png

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
To the north is Nepal, with its fantastic mountain airfields:
psovvwlv.png

m745mqj7.png

4o2yc692.png

And of course Bhutan is not to be missed!
p28wq2qm.png

f3f4zjmb.png

ntpqmcn7.png

In the south of India lies the island of Sri Lanka:
5fjqttrj.png

7s6z8l5n.png

d3k24gut.png

And finally, Bangladesh:
43denhnm.png

pvxldozj.png

l3yjtmdp.png

As always, you can find all the information here:

Otherwise - please write me a private message, as always! :)

But there is one thing I would like to get rid of in any case:
At the moment I assume that these were the last sceneries I created for the P3D world.

Even I now use the MSFS 99% of the time, and with the release of a long-haul aircraft for the MSFS, the 99 % will certainly become 100 %.
At the same time, I can also see that interest in my sceneries has really, really declined over the last year. Whereas about a year ago I was answering up to 10 PMs a day, now it's maybe 1-2 a week.

So - from my side, a very, very big THANK YOU to all of you for all your support!

Nevertheless - nothing is set in stone yet, and the servers will continue to run for the time being.

I wish you all a wonderful Easter!

Country
ca-manitoba
Don't give up yet!! Would be great if you managed to find someone who would be willing to host these all for you if you ultimately decide to "shut er down".

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
With apologies Matthius because I've asked you this before: where do we download the sceneries from?

BTW: I've been to the Taj Mahal. You really need a full day to properly study and appreciate the carvings; I was only there for about four hours in the morning because I had to go on to Agra Fort (which is another utterly stunning piece of Mughal architecture).

Last edited:
Just a quick question if you don't mind. I downloaded and installed the Nepal package. I got the following warning:

"Could not find scenery Area.226 local scenery directory: F:\Addon Scenery P3d\Nepal\SCENERY"

I replied NO to the error and everything seemed to load. Is this a result of having my default scenery on my C: drive and my Addon Scenery on my F: drive? Did Matthias' Nepal scenery load in spite of the error warning? I departed Tribhuvan for Lukla and Tribhuvan had lots of autgen buildings. Also should I have done a season change to ascertain if it was photoscenery or not? Does the use of Holger Sandmann's mesh affect anything in Matthias' scenery?

I'm running P3D 4.5 on Win7Pro.

Attachments

• Nepal error.jpg
    Nepal error.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Nepal scenery.jpg
    Nepal scenery.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 10
  • scenery.txt
    31.9 KB · Views: 7

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Just a quick question if you don't mind. I downloaded and installed the Nepal package. I got the following warning:

"Could not find scenery Area.226 local scenery directory: F:\Addon Scenery P3d\Nepal\SCENERY"

I replied NO to the error and everything seemed to load. Is this a result of having my default scenery on my C: drive and my Addon Scenery on my F: drive? Did Matthias' Nepal scenery load in spite of the error warning? I departed Tribhuvan for Lukla and Tribhuvan had lots of autgen buildings. Also should I have done a season change to ascertain if it was photoscenery or not? Does the use of Holger Sandmann's mesh affect anything in Matthias' scenery?

I'm running P3D 4.5 on Win7Pro.
If you have added the Nepal scenery via the included add_to_P3Dv4.cmd, it is not necessary to add the scenery manually to the scenery library.
To be on the safe side, you can check again whether a scenery folder exists under F:\Addon Scenery P3D\Nepal. If not, something went wrong during extracting.

No, any mesh does not intefere at all with my sceneries - you can use it without any problems together!

Matthias thanks for your reply. The scenery folder exists with what I assume are all the correct files in F:\Addon Scenery P3D\Nepal.
Your photoscenery is amazing. I even created a little airport for Bumthang that didn't exist before. It's still a work in progress but it lines up nicely.

Oddly enough when I deactivate the "mesh Himalayas by Ferranti & Sandmann" folder, the error goes away.

VQBT_1.jpg
Bumthang.png