• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v5 Photosceneries and Autogen Packages for the world

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
hello, I come to ask for information, I saw that the autogen of ethiopia and kenya was proposed but I cannot find photoscenry for kenya and ethiopia,
could someone help me plz ?
You've got a PM! :)
I come to ask for information was proposed but I cannot find photoscenry south AFRICA no north Africa
Sir, I already wrote a PM with all information needed 1-2 weeks ago, until now I got no reply.

Country
italy
Dear friends!

I have not shown any news for some time.
This was not because I had stopped developing or even turned my back on P3D - on the contrary.
Throughout the summer I worked on improving my scripts, and created some test regions.

So I am very happy to be able to show you 3 pictures from 2 new countries today, which are getting much better than I would have thought myself.

Country 1:
2021-11-16_16-55-26-7uskw5.png

Country 2:

2021-11-16_18-19-35-5f3jq2.png

2021-11-22_7-29-22-47jvk2w.png

It will still take a little while before the two countries are really finished.
But the result is already promising, which is why I wanted to show you the pictures today!
the sud africa? centre America is North

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Hello together!

I have some news today that will especially please Africa fans:
I have managed to train a deep-learning model to detect buildings from 3-band satellite imagery.

This is a huge milestone, because it means that my scripts are able to create the autogen only on the basis of satellite images, in theory no further input data is necessary - even if the result is of course even better with data.
However, the computing effort is immense. I have implemented a small test area, namely Nairobi.
In the relatively small area, my alogrithm detected about 15 times as many buildings as those entered in OSM, which have so far been used mainly for autogenesis.
In red marked are the newly detected buildings, blue are the ones from OSM:
zwischenablage0141jnl.jpg

Due to the extreme computational effort - Nairobi took more than 6 hours - it is currently not yet possible to implement entire countries with it.

However, it is very possible to significantly improve individual, small areas with this method.

And this is how the whole thing looks in the simulator now:

2021-12-24_8-57-55-90jzkcb.png

2021-12-24_8-57-46-23axkk0.png

2021-12-24_8-44-52-86h1j39.png

2021-12-24_8-43-53-37udk4a.png

2021-12-24_8-42-54-2645k59.png

2021-12-24_8-42-5-350fhkel.png

Yes, and with that I wish you all a Merry Christmas now!

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Good morning all together!

I'm sorry if I'm about to show a few pictures again....
But I'm really excited about the results in Central Africa, I really don't need MSFS anymore. It looks much better and more coherent in P3D now.

Port Harcourt here:
2021-12-25_17-1-53-81clk4h.png

Lagos - a city I never flew to in the sim, because my old scripts all failed with this 25-million-inhabitant juggernaut.

2021-12-25_17-3-24-103dkue.png

Abuja
2021-12-26_9-27-42-85spkkl.png

And, most recently, Luanda in Angola:
2021-12-27_7-56-56-68dyk0e.png

Country
unitedstates
Ah... no problem. I've got ArcGIS Pro as well and I am good at Python. Any change I can get it to play around with it?

MatthiasKNU

Resource contributor
Country
germany
Ah... no problem. I've got ArcGIS Pro as well and I am good at Python. Any change I can get it to play around with it?
Please don't take it the wrong way, but these scripts took years of work and actually a whole university degree, so I simply can't give them to anyone. Sorry.

Country
unitedstates
Nah... no ill will taken. Just thinking to help expand your scripts to other parts of the world outside Europe. After reading the annual flight simmers survey Prepar3D is a slowly dying platform. Just thought adding more photoscenery parts rthroughout the world could help attract simmers back or extend its life. No problem, Happy New Year.

Last edited:
Country
italy
Nah... no ill will taken. Just thinking to help expand your scripts to other parts of the world outside Europe. After reading the annual flight simmers survey Prepar3D is a slowly dying platform. Just thought adding more photoscenery parts rthroughout the world could help attract simmers back or extend its life. No problem, Happy New Year.
Listen, we can make the whole photoreal North America EUROPE, asia africa all continents, yes but not the autogen but download the whole nations in phototreal