• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Photoscenery only showing up around aircraft

Country
unitedstates
Last night I tried to make an FSX photoscenery for a pretty good-sized area at LOD15, but when I tested it out, the aerial photograph only showed up in the LOD15 tiles right around my aircraft no matter what altitude I was at. My idea was to create the photoscenery at LOD15 even though the original photo was 1.8 meters/pixel so I wouldn't lose any detail.

I have double-checked my .inf file several times and can't find anything that looks wrong, but this is the first scenery that I've made with the new SDK so I haven't had much experience yet. Any of you experts have any ideas? :)

Here is my .inf file:
Code:
[Source]
Type                = BMP
Layer               = Imagery
Variation           = Day
SourceDir           = "Source"
SourceFile          = "Kittitas05Main.bmp"
nCols = 24309
nRows = 13891
ulxMap = -120.75
ulyMap = 47.125
xDim = 1.79974495E-5
yDim = 1.799726442E-5
//lon .4375
//lat .25

[Destination]
DestDir             = "Scenery"
DestBaseFileName    = "Kittitas05Main"
LOD                 = 15

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures right now because I'm using a different computer, but I could get some if it would help.
-Scott

Last edited by a moderator:

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Scott.

If you specify LOD 15, then ONLY LOD 15 will dispaly... and that will show only near your aircraft.

LOD = 5,15

The above line will make all the various levels of detail between 5 through 15... and that should display just fine.

Dick

Country
unitedstates
Thank you much Dick, that did it! Lots of cool new things to figure out with this terrain SDK, its way more powerful than the last one.
-Scott

Country
brazil
Resampler

Hi ;

can anybody confirm that fsx resampler - do re-project images to fs geo lat long - wgs 84 automatically ?

thanks - marco

rhumbaflappy

Administrator
Staff member
Resource contributor
Country
us-wisconsin
Hi Marco.

Hi ;

can anybody confirm that fsx resampler - do re-project images to fs geo lat long - wgs 84 automatically ?

thanks - marco

No. From the SDK:

It is assumed that the image has been projected to the WGS84 Latitude/Longitude datum.

Dick