FSXA Phuket International Airport (VTSP), Thailand

Have a look at the promotion video made by myself :p.
Not so good and it is Thai song and mistype in some places. May be I'll change that later.

Nothing wrong with the song Jtanabodee. I spent a few very happy years working in Phuket. The scenery add on looks fantastic! Where can we download it when it's finished?

Cheers Ray

That is what happens, Tic, when you want to perfect it and take too long to do it. Things change and you have to rework your scenery:). Will buy it for sure the moment I will be back home because I know that it will be top notch.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
That is what happens, Tic, when you want to perfect it and take too long to do it. Things change and you have to rework your scenery:). Will buy it for sure the moment I will be back home because I know that it will be top notch.
No Roby, I am done with this project years ago. The airport has expanded their parkings and add more terminal. I need to do the update only.

Last edited:

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
I think the easiest thing in scenery making is photoscenery. I just added the new one and demolished the old building to accommodate the new one.
I just one something to make me less bore from ZBAA project. Let me take a break, enjoy travelling abroad like million of Chinese for a while. Then I will go back to Beijing after Chinese New Year....HaHa. It is tomorrow.

VTSP2017_01.jpg
VTSP2017.jpg

Last edited:
That's pretty impressive Tic! Not everyone wants to do upgrade their airports with development of the real one, understandably. It's pretty special and unique that you are going so far.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
good work sir !

still no FS9 support ?
Nope, sorry. I have explained somewhere else.
The texture is 2048 and if I re-scale it to 1024 to fit what FS9 needs, the texture will be blur.
Besides that, there is a mountain nearby. It is quite difficult to model the whole mountain and the terrain. FS9 does not support high detail terrain. In the default airport, you can barely see the mountain by the custom mesh.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
VTSPNewTerminal.jpg
I think it is not easy to add the update since you need to find out the old objects. Some of them have to be deleted or modified. Ground poly need to be done again under new satellite image. The old ground poly need to be wipe out since they will not match both color and resolution. You cannot make an extension of apron and make it seamless with the old one. Sometimes, making things from scratch
This is the new terminal. I need to import in FSX and see if it fits with the height of the old buildings.

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
After looking at the old file. I think the update to the old existing scenery is impossible and might be more difficult to do. Building the new one from the old files and recompile as a whole new thing might be a better idea. This means it will be an update version but it needs to uninstall the old and install the new version.

After looking at the old file. I think the update to the old existing scenery is impossible and might be more difficult to do. Building the new one from the old files and recompile as a whole new thing might be a better idea. This means it will be an update version but it needs to uninstall the old and install the new version.
If you decide to do so would it be compatible with P3Dv3? I dont think people would mind paying an upgrade price.