• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA Phuket International Airport (VTSP), Thailand

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Hi,
Phuket Airport is Thailand's St Martin Airport. Because it is on an island and the runway is nearby the sea. When an airplane approaching the runway and almost land, it will fly over the white sand beach over the head of people like the way you see at St. Martin Airport.

VTSP_FSX23-03.jpg

VTSP_FSX23-01.jpg

My project on VTSP is almost done. It was done in FS9 by Prasong. I am converting with permission of his to FSX. Unfortunately, there were a lot of mistake during the making of FS9 version, such as runway was longer than the real and everything was misplace compare to the real world since ground poly didn't match photoscenery. Everything has to be placed again in ADE. Ground poly in previous version has to go to trash, and rebuild all over again.:mad:

VTSP_FSX21-03.jpg

VTSP_FSX21-02.jpg

I also have FSX property layer above FS2002 layer. It is nice and some specular can be seen during the daylight and reflection of water can be while it is raining. I would recommend anyone who make scenery for FSX try this.

VTSP_FSX22-01.jpg

VTSP_FSX23-04.jpg

VTSP_FSX23-02.jpg

Merry Christmas to you all and Happy New Year too.
Best Regards,
Tic

Last edited:
A

Aviasim

How is this airport name pronounced?

I pronounce it like, (SORRY! :() "Fuck-It"... is that correct? :D

Country
senegal
Excellent job. Actually I was about to pick this airport to model but I saw that flytampa was planning on making it...
Also what do you mean by "have FSX property layer above FS2002 layer"?

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
FSX property layer is ground poly that made of FSX gamepack. It is the topmost layer above the traditional ground poly made by FS2002 gamepack.
FSX layer either be done at zero height or all the layers cannot be all FSX layer, so all other layers are fs2002 style, no specular no reflection.
The topmost layer is FSX groundpoly with specular and water reflection when it rains. Please take a look at this link http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146123 and http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22930.

To make it simple, If you have a picture print to a paper by inkjet and have a plastic coated outside. The plastic cover will be FSX layer.

Actually I was about to pick this airport to model but I saw that flytampa was planning on making it...
What! oh no, please don't do this to me, Fly tampa. I never know that they have plan to do this airport.
Do you know any progression of this airport from them? I just posted to their forum. Still no answer.

Last edited:
Country
senegal
FSX property layer is ground poly that made of FSX gamepack. It is the topmost layer above the traditional ground poly made by FS2002 gamepack.
FSX layer either be done at zero height or all the layers cannot be all FSX layer, so all other layers are fs2002 style, no specular no reflection.
The topmost layer is FSX groundpoly with specular and water reflection when it rains. Please take a look at this link http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146123 and http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22930.

To make it simple, If you have a picture print to a paper by inkjet and have a plastic coated outside. The plastic cover will be FSX layer.

What! oh no, please don't do this to me, Fly tampa. I never know that they have plan to do this airport.
Do you know any progression of this airport from them? I just posted to their forum. Still no answer.
Thanks for the explanations!
From flytampa:
"The new front runners are...

Montreal CYUL
Helsinki EFHK
Prague LKPR
Phuket VTSP"

I think it's not certain if they're going to make it. Yours looks very good!

Country
senegal
Thanks God! They pick Montreal instead.
http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4933&start=300
FlyTampa and Aerosoft are something else. We cannot get any better than them. I cannot imagine how my scenery would be if they were almost done on the same airport.

I didn't understand, I thought they were working on the rest after they finish Montreal. I also see that someone else is doing Helsinki. I'll stick with a smaller airport for now. I better do!

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
I think their work is magnificent. Only one big airport will take all the effort and time. FlyTampa's work is a state of art one.

Country
norway
Nice colour blending with the default. I see too many missing this important aspect. One should also keep the photoscenery blending in layers, in case better replacement textures for default show up. I did this, hoping GEX would be OK, but GEX do not improve Norway one inch; I'm still using default MS.

Cheers,
:stirthepo

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Nice colour blending with the default. I see too many missing this important aspect. One should also keep the photoscenery blending in layers, in case better replacement textures for default show up. I did this, hoping GEX would be OK, but GEX do not improve Norway one inch; I'm still using default MS.

Cheers,
:stirthepo
I think it took me a day to match the color of photoscenery to the default. One thread in here about matching the color using metrix did help me much. I have to do it by had and eyes. Almost got squint.;)

Country
unitedkingdom
It will be after FSX version.
I did this because I'd like to know how we can convert back to FS9. May be a tutorial after that.

Thanks dear friends for this nice news,

So as you know its freeware version has Aes.For payware version what do you think?

Regards

jtanabodee

Resource contributor
Country
thailand
Thanks dear friends for this nice news,

So as you know its freeware version has Aes.For payware version what do you think?

Regards
It depends on Aerosoft. No one can push them to do that.
But I checked the position of both versions are not the same. It is because of groundpoly does not match the photoscenery. The runway in freeware is 300 meter longer than the real one. So AES from freeware cannnot use in this new one.

Country
greece
Do you know any progression of this airport from them? I just posted to their forum. Still no answer

FlyTampa is currently doing CYUL.

I'm an everyday visitor to their forum and nothing has been said about Phuket being developed at the moment.