• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

MSFS Pilot figures

Country
england
Hi all,
I notice that all the default aircraft don't have a pilot / copilot figure as part of the model, but that they seem to be a separate simobject attached at runtime, and is changeable in the sim. Does anyone know how these are attached to an aircraft? Is there an attachpoint defined in the model source somewhere? I can't find anything in the sdk docs. There may be a clue in the sample DA62 model, but as that's a Max file and I'm working in Blender, I can't open it.

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Add an empty/dummy and call it PILOT_0 for the pilot, PILOT_1 for the Copilot. Check the aircraft.cfg file for the pilot entries:
Code:
[PILOT]
pilot="Pilot_Male_Casual"
copilot=""
instructor=""
pilot_default_animation="","","","","","","","","","","","","","","",""
pilot_attach_node="PILOT_0"

Vitus

Resource contributor
Country
newzealand
Yes. You add your own models for pilots. It's a type of simObject. Although I haven't seen my own pilot pop up in the selection menu yet, not sure how to get that extended.
One issue is that the hand/feet animations are not implemented yet. They're all in a boring idle pose. For my aircraft, the feet of the default pilot are stuck in the firewall.. :rolleyes:

Country
unitedstates
It’s funny how much of the stuff I put in the DTG FSW game design docs have made their way into MSFS. All the stuff DTG ignored Asobo took on board. They’ve built virtually everything into the sim. It is clueing me in on a few things that happened in the background.

The pilot shows up in my internal and external model when I try this for some reason. Its a cool feature but I can't seem to get it to work as intended. In internal view I'm sitting inside the pilot figure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also has anyone been able to add in their own pilot figure modeled?

yes i tried that ....the node is only in the external model. I might not be understanding the new internal and external models work as much of the external model shows up when not created for the internal model... This seemed a departure from how things were done previously so if anyone can shed a light.. that would be greatly appreciated.