• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

PlacePointsAlongLine using a custom OBJ or MDL

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If you use the auto completion of scenProc to select the object, the tool will take care of the conversion between the FS2004 and FSX format of the GUID.

Did you add the new class in the correct region? Else they will also not show up.

Country
unitedstates
If you use the auto completion of scenProc to select the object, the tool will take care of the conversion between the FS2004 and FSX format of the GUID.
Did you add the new class in the correct region? Else they will also not show up.

I'm clearly on the correct path... I understand now the default.xml GUIDs are different than the one ScenProc shows format wise.
And took the time to reread the SDK on Autogen with tutorial however I am going about this creating model and converting them using
ModelX Converter not 3ds.

Using the SDK ContentScan.exe I receive this error which is most likely the real problem.

C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.5.13.32097\World\Autogeneration>contentscan
AC2Scan Error: 1 : agn_TheWallP3D in default.xml contains a reference to a model (fb73f8e1-c57d-4aed-93ea-30f7998ba05f) that is not defined: K\TheWallP3D\agn_TheWallP3D
... for each region.

default.xml adding class region library code by AutoGenEditor.exe
^
- placed back in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Autogen

Scenery/{filename.bgl} created using ModelXConverter
Texture/{000233111333111an.agn} rendered from ScenProc
/{filename.dds}

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Can you show the GUID of your MDL (as shown in MCX) and the one you used in the default.xml? It sounds like these might be inconsistent indeed, looking at the error.

Country
unitedstates
Hi,
Can you show the GUID of your MDL (as shown in MCX) and the one you used in the default.xml? It sounds like these might be inconsistent indeed, looking at the error.

1st off thank you for your support and tools.
  1. Imported BGL into MCX is using
    fb73f8e1-c57d-4aed-93ea-30f7998ba05f

2. Default.xml entries duplicated to every REGION
    <CLASS>
    <NAME>TheWallP3D</NAME>
    <GUID>
    a3df57f04c0d20c2f6beab853544fd94</GUID>
    <WIDTH>10</WIDTH>
    <DEPTH>10</DEPTH>
    <LIBRARYOBJECT>
    <NAME>agn_TheWallP3D</NAME>
    <GUID>
    fb73f8e14aedc57df730ea935fa08b99</GUID>
    </LIBRARYOBJECT>
    </CLASS>

3. Using the GUID Converter it appears just fine.
    FSX = fb73f8e1-c57d-4aed-93ea-30f7998ba05f
    FS2004 = fb73f8e14aedc57df730ea935fa08b99

4. ScenProc right click Select GUID inserts using { } though?
    FSX ={a3df57f0-20c2-4c0d-85ab-bef694fd4435}
    FS2004 = a3df57f04c0d20c2f6beab853544fd94
Also testing the AGN sample using AGN2TXT the converted .agn attached reports.

E:\_P3D\_AGNtools>agn2txt test.agn
Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ASToFra.Autogen.AGNDecoder.Decode(String filename)
at ASToFra.agn2txt.agn2txt.DecodeAGN(String filename)
at ASToFra.agn2txt.agn2txt.Main(String[] args)

Attachments

• explorer_2019-10-17_06-24-41.jpg
    explorer_2019-10-17_06-24-41.jpg
    399.3 KB · Views: 184
  • test.zip
    165.6 KB · Views: 205

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
It looks like you set all the GUIDs correctly in your files, so not sure why it does not work.

Country
unitedstates
It looks like you set all the GUIDs correctly in your files, so not sure why it does not work.

thank you... I've learned much just from these attempts so far. thinking it may be the exported BGL itself.

Regarding Autogen and using ModelX Converter am I correct in using EXPORT SCENERY using P3D v4.4 BGL file format?
1571320816006.png

or do you recommend a better method for Autogen support? EXPORT OBJECT using .MDL or .X
1571321049488.png

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Exporting as bgl is fine. If you export as mdl you have to put the file in a bgl library as well.

Did you put the bgl in your scenery?

Where in the world is your addon?

Country
unitedstates
Exporting as bgl is fine. If you export as mdl you have to put the file in a bgl library as well.
Did you put the bgl in your scenery?
Where in the world is your addon?

Yes the main object converted using ModelX is placed as a .BGL and .MDL and .X tried all and all files still exist in the Scenery Folder.
but I have tried keeping only the BGL in there.

/Scenery/agn_TheWallP3D.bgl
/Textures/{00000000}.agn
/{textures}.dds

TheWallP3D is a project I am creating to span the US Border between Mexico and USA. Massive project. split into many OSM files A-T for 2000 node limit.
Its completed using .BGL as export with SceneProc just too many objects killing FPS. So I am in need to solve this AGN conversion of each osm file.

I'll get it and appreciate everyones support. Sorta a test learn project for me.

Attachments

• Prepar3D_2019-10-07_12-42-42.jpg
    Prepar3D_2019-10-07_12-42-42.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 191