• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSXA placing objects on photoreal ground

Country
germany
Hi all,

short question:
I have created some photoreal grounds with SbuilderX and would now like to place Objects on it. How can I do that? In Sbuilder Objects and photoreal seem not to work well together.

thanks a lot:)

Country
germany
You could make a screenshot in fs from top with the photoreal background and place it in ADE as background. Align it to your runway in ADE and there you go :D

Country
germany
Sebastian,
thanks! But in ADE it is only possible within a certain radius around the ap, correct? What if I want to place stuff 10 or 15 km away? Does it work the same way?
regards

Country
germany
I think that is not possible. In SbuilderX just create or open your project and click Edit-Object Lib Manager. Select your own library on the right and create a new library by clicking on New and type a name. Now select each object from the right list an click on the left-arrow to import it into your new library. Click ok after finishing. Now select the "Objecttool" and place your object by selecting your library and the wanted object. Hope that helps a bit. :)

Country
germany
Aero, can you describe the problems with objects you encounter? I never had issues with SBX and photoscenery. As Sebastian pointed out, this should work well.
Usually, I only use ADE for the airport properties and AFCAD elements (runways, taxiways) and do the rest in SBX.

Cheers,
Mark

Country
germany
Hello Mark,
problem is that when I start a project, put phototiles as background and place objects as well. I compile photoreal and objects together, but objects never show up in FSX.
thanks again