• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

FSX please help me with bgl2xml and thanks

Country
china
hi, jon
i have a problem while using the bgl2xml command line. though i have correctly inputted the command like "C:\C\Bgl2Xml.exe /s "C:\C\ZGCJ_ADEX_ADE.BGL" /d "C:\" /m f"
(in this command , i put bgl2xml.exe and the bgl file at folder "C:\C\")
but there's an error message read "Could not find the file “C:\Users\TeCHiScy\true”。" i guess if there's some errors in the arg processing procedure?
can you help me check it and i'm always wait for your reply, thanks

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Does the GUI version work properly?

Country
china
yes, it works well. but i need to covert a lot of bgl files, so it's necessery for me to solve the problem of using bgl2xml command line.

and
i'm using windows 7 ult.

Country
china
无标题.jpg

this a screen cut , you may get more details.

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
I have not looked at the command line version for a while and I seem to recall that the GUI uses the command line version. I need to check it out. I will try and do it as soon as possible

Country
unitedkingdom
Hi Jon,

Did you ever look into this or resolve the issue TechiScy was experiencing? It's just that I'm having that exact same issue with the command line version.

e.g.

C:\>"C:\Program Files (x86)\bgl2xml\Bgl2Xml.exe" /s "c:\temp\APX47130.bgl"
Could not find file 'C:\true'.

I've tried various different combinations of various command line switches, changing the current directory to the same as the bgl2xml exe and the result is always 'Could not find file 'current_dir\true' (where current_dir is the current directory from where the command is executed).

GUI version works like a dream.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1. FSX SDK has SP1a applied.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Country
unitedkingdom
admire your straight forward honesty :) any plans to maybe investigate a little perhaps ?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
It is on my list but somewhere down at the moment...

Country
unitedstates
I hope the good Dr. Duck won't mind a comment here?

The command line version works as it should, if you handle the files properly.

First, I would remove the program from the \Program Files directories and reinstall some place that Windows is not keeping a watchful eye over.

Second, copy (not move) the BGL files into the same directory that holds BGL2XML.

Third, depending upon how many files there are, make a text file containing the command; Bgl2XML.exe /s APX00130.bgl Make sure there is a CRLF at the end of each line, better said as press the Enter key at the end of each line. How many files to decompile can determine how the lines are generated. Writing a program would work, but also using a directory printing utility to get a listing does too. That listing of files can be edited in something like Notepad++ using a macro to place the BGL2XML.exe /s at the front of each line.

Fourth, save the text file with a .BAT extension. Open a Command Window where the batch file is saved and type it's name at the DOS prompt.

Worked fine for me when decompiling 1500+ APX airport files! :D

Country
unitedkingdom
thanks for your input Lance ... moving the bgl file into the same folder as the exe did the trick.

Country
us-illinois
Hello:

Rhumbaflappy previously posted a simple example of using a DOS / CMD mode batch file to process multiple files in a folder at: :teacher:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246615&highlight=loop+gdal

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=425261&postcount=5

Some ideas for extending use of the "FOR - IN - DO" function in batch files:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&...e1e8aba301a857&bpcl=38093640&biw=1172&bih=758

...And a fun interactive demo using "FOR" loops (pick: "NT DOS Session" for Windows CMD mode equivalent to DOS): :p

(Surprisingly, it even works on my mobile phone's "Opera Mini" web browser; I guess I'm easily amused at this hour of the evening !).

http://www.robvanderwoude.com/forinteractive.php

Hope this helps ! :)

GaryGB

Last edited: