• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Portion of Terminal Building is Underground

Hi Gary,
I forgot to mention in my previous post that there is a bgl in the Scenery folder named Elevation_Data_KCLT.bgl. It's located in C;\Addon Manager\FsDreamTeam\KCLT\scenery\

Ken.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

The elevation of the terrain under the new KCLT terminal building area is set at 216 Meters AMSL by:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Fsdreamteam\KCLT\scenery\Elevation_Data_KCLT.bgl

The assigned elevation of the G-Poly is likely that of the KCLT ARP at 228 Meters AMSL

Thus, elevation of the terrain under the new KCLT terminal building area is 12 Meters (aka 39.36996 Feet) below ARP.

You should be able to attach a platform to-, or a small CVX vector flatten below- ...a replacement G-Poly MDL there.

If a small local CVX vector flatten is used, set its assigned Altitude at 228 Meters AMSL.

But here's the thing I want to make sure I understand, and I got to thinking about this. You were discussing placement codes, and that got me to thinking that I have not been placing my bgl files correctly. From what I understand now, I should let IS3 place the object and not assign placement code to my bgl, such as coordinates, altitude, ext... What I've been doing is in MCX, I use the Convert and Placement Tool to place my bgl object into FS, and I would enter the coordinates, heading, altitude information and compile it.
So, my question is am I supposed to compile my bgl object without the placement information, such as the coordinates and altitude and allow IS3 to make that placement?

It doesn't seem to make sense to add the placement information in MCX and IS3 do the same thing, which will likely be slightly different.

Another question is that does it matter where I export the bgl from MCX, for example, the Addon Scenery folder or the Addon Scenery/scenery folder?

And I do know not to add any of the IS3 files into any airport files. And many times, my bgl object would never show up in IS3 list of objects. These are the 2 main questions I have.

IS3 placement info normally is written into a separate BGL, but can also be written into the 'Hybrid' BGL output by MCX,

If placement info for a Geolocated Sketchup 3D model is imported by MCX inside a *.KMZ, MCX uses it by default.

Leave the placment info un-changed in MCX when such a Geolocated Sketchup 3D model is imported by MCX.

When the BGL output by MCX is loaded from an active folder in FS, you 'should' see the 3D model.

Open that 'Hybrid' BGL in IS3, and fine tune the 3D model position with IS3 'Move' mode as necessary.

If the 3D model is not seen, re-start FS, 'place' it again with IS3, and write the placement info into the 'Hybrid' BGL with that same 3D MDL output by MCX.

Let me know how this works for you. :)

PS: As with FSDT KDFW G-Poly MDL SimObjects, multiple texture layers are mapped as Materials onto the MDL surface, and these will flicker when MCX shaders attempt to render them via OpenGL 3D preview mode; this is to be ignored, and it may be best to disable the complex shader while performing other tasks when the MDL is loaded in MCX 3D preview mode (...as you have already done). ;)

GaryGB

Last edited:
You should be able to attach a platform to-, or a small CVX vector flatten below- ...a replacement G-Poly MDL there.

I don't know what you mean by attaching a platform to a replacement G Poly, unless you mean creating a ground poly in Sketchup and use that as the model, and attaching it to my scenery. I've already done that, but due to all this strange work they've done around this area, the sloping terrain and the uneven plan of the ground, it will not lay properly without either being too high on one end or being too low on the other, parts of my platform going under-ground. I did noticed in the Elevation data bgl that one area is 228 meters and another would be at 227 meters, and apparently must slope or change elevation slightly. I can move the entire ramp platform around in the simulator with IS3 and as I'm moving it and depending on where I'm at on the map, my ramp would disappear and re-appear. As I'm moving it, it goes underground slightly, then back up, and it's especially worse around my new terminal. When I move my ramp out over the runway, it lays perfectly and everything shows up without some parts of it going underground. So I've just gave up on it.

PS: As with FSDT KDFW G-Poly MDL SimObjects, multiple texture layers are mapped as Materials onto the MDL surface, and these will flicker when MCX shaders attempt to render them via OpenGL 3D preview mode; this is to be ignored, and it may be best to disable the complex shader while performing other tasks when the MDL is loaded in MCX 3D preview mode (...as you have already done). ;)

Since there are multiple textures mapped on the model, and that appears to be where all the parking space and everything is coming from, I think it would be best for me to grab the 2 texture files and paint, or clone the parking spaces and the areas that need work. I've tried it already and has worked okay. But my problem is that my textures are not the correct size, and they're way too large. Look at the image below:

KCLT_SF1.jpg

On the lower right you can see a portion of the parking space area, and this needs to be filled in with concrete. Below is the texture I plane to use:

kclt_asph_04.jpg

Below is what the texture looked like after I painted, or cloned it:

KCLT_KM1.jpg

At first, I removed the original texture and replaced it with my texture, but with a different name. When I launched the sim, everything around my quadrant was black. Even the runway I was sitting on was black. I got to thinking about it so I renamed my texture file back to it's original name, but I made a copy, or a backup before doing so. After launching the sim, everything rendered including the portion of my ramp. The only thing is that I need to get those textures the correct size. Each square is 20 feet, so that means the texture needs to be 40 x 40 feet, since there're 2 squares. I'm been doing this in Gimp and I was wondering is there a way to reduce it's size so that each square is 20 feet, and how do I determine it's 20 feet?

Ken.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

In keeping with what I stated above, your solution IMHO, will involve either:

* making a small flatten at the required Altitude for the parking lot area on which the KCLT new terminal is located

...or:

* placing your flat 3D MDL G-Poly as a scenery library object using IS3 at the required Altitude to position it properly on the surface of your G-Poly.

You should be able to map ex: a Sketchup self-tiling 'concrete rectangle pattern' texture onto the replacement flat 3D MDL G-Poly Face at the proper scale.

In Sketchup, use the Tape Measure to set Construction Guide Lines at 20 Foot intervals.

When mapping the imported texture you created in GIMP onto the Face of the G-Poly 3D model, position and size the texture mapping onto that Guide Line grid pattern as needed, rather attempting to size the texture pixel dimensions in GIMP (just as one would do with any other texture mapping procedure in Sketchup).

GaryGB

In keeping with what I stated above, your solution IMHO, will involve either:

* making a small flatten at the required Altitude for the parking lot area on which the KCLT new terminal is located

...or:

* placing your flat 3D MDL G-Poly as a scenery library object using IS3 at the required Altitude to position it properly on the surface of your G-Poly.

You should be able to map ex: a Sketchup self-tiling 'concrete rectangle pattern' texture onto the replacement flat 3D MDL G-Poly Face at the proper scale.

I've done that, everything you mentioned, and it won't work. I've created the model in Sketchup, imported into MCX, exported as mdl without the placement code, and exported textures. imported the mdl into Library Maker and converted to bgl. Then place my ramp into the scenery using IS3. Here's what it looks like when I've placed the G-poly ramp into the scenery, about 12.9 meters above the underground terrain:

KCLT G Poly Ramp.jpg

The area where it's jaggidy is where portions of the ramp is going underground, or under the parking space texture. At the other, bottom right, it is not even attached or level with the ground. It's still about a foot off the ground, while at the other end is disappearing under the other texture. I can raise the altitude of the ramp up more where the entire ramp is showing but it would place the ramp on the other end at least a foot or more above the ground. See the image below:

KCLT G Poly Ramp 2.jpg

You can see clearly that my ramp is not completely on the ground but at the other end, it's disappearing under ground, or under the other texture. There's no way to place this ramp correctly using IS3 in this scenery. But I can import the texture in Gimp and paint in the ramp and it would be right on the ground. It's just that if I clone it, the texture is way too big.

Ken.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

To be more clear, I am recommending that your flatten extent cover at least the area shown inside the Red polygon below:

kmanning_kclt_new_terminal_flatten_polygon_ge-jpg.58452

GaryGB

Attachments

• kmanning_KCLT_New_Terminal_Flatten_Polygon_GE.jpg
    kmanning_KCLT_New_Terminal_Flatten_Polygon_GE.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 434
Hi Ken:

To be more clear, I am recommending that your flatten extent cover at least the area shown inside the Red polygon below:

kmanning_kclt_new_terminal_flatten_polygon_ge-jpg.58452

GaryGB

Do I use ADE to flatten extents or do I use SbuilderX, or does it matter? I can't remember if I tried to flatten it or not but I've tried to exclude that area because that's what we discussed. Apparently I'm just not doing something right. As far as I know, I don't flatten it using IS3 because I didn't see anywhere in the manual that explains flattens. As you know, I've already placed the ramp using IS3. Do I need to go flatten it first and then place my ramp or just add the flatten to my scenery?

Ken.

Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

I would use a SBuilderX CVX Vector Polygon Type-148 traced over a satellite imagery background Map in the work-space.

Flatten the area in question, then place your G-Poly 3D model using IS3.

[EDITED]

Place the Area layer with your flatten above the FSDT KCLT scenery Area Layer(s) in the FS Scenery Library GUI . :pushpin:

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

Last edited:
Hi Ken:

I would use a SBuilderX CVX Vector Polygon Type-148 traced over a satellite imagery background Map in the work-space.

Okay, I'm up to this point now.

First of all, where do I place the flattened bgl after I've compiled it in SbuilderX? I assume that this polygon is flattened after I've compiled it when I select the polygon type - 148. And do I need to put in the altitude, or anything, and if so, is that altitude AMSL - 227.99 meters that I put in the box where is says, Apply Constant Altitude to Points. If it's above ground, then I assume I put in 0.

Place the Area layer with your flatten above the FSDT KCLT scenery Area Layer(s). :pushpin:

If you're referring to the area layers in the Scenery Library, I can't see how that can be done unless that bgl file is placed in a folder. These will not show bgl files, but only folders. This is where I'm confused.

Ken.

Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

SDK SHP2VEC requires an assigned Altitude for Airport Background (aka "Airport Boundary") Flatten and/or Hydro polygons.

You want this Airport Background (aka "Airport Boundary") Flatten to be level, so you use a "Constant" Altitude value (Meters AMSL) for all polygon vertices.

I shall refer you once again to the section entitled: "Drawing a Hydro Polygon" in Luis Feliz-Tirado's tutorial:

Terrain Design

sendfile.php

File Description:
Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X

This simple illustrated document explains the basic concepts in Flight Simulator X terrain, and how to change them using SBuilder for FS X. Make new water bodies, roads, vehicle traffic, airport flattens, remove autogen, add more detail - anybody can do it easily and quickly.
My most sincere apologies - I am unable, for lack of free time, to offer support of any kind. For questions or problems, please post in the Avsim scenery design forum.

Filename: terrain_design_for_flight_simulator_x.zip
License: Freeware
Added: 14th December 2009, 13:29:15
Downloads: 16648
Author: Luis Feliz-Tirado
Size: 3991kb

https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=141643

PS: FS only sees BGLs located inside a \Scenery sub-folder nested under a top-folder listed within a Area layer folder chain set 'Active' ...in the Scenery Library GUI.

I believe you should know by now, how one adds a scenery BGL to FS via [Add Area] in the Scenery Library GUI. ;)

Create a ex: "KCLT_G-Poly" top folder containing a:

* \Scenery sub-folder with your custom G-Poly library / placement BGL(s)

...and a:

* \Texture sub-folder with all textures mapped onto 3D models in your G-Poly library BGL(s)

In the FS Scenery Library GUI:

1.) Click [Add Area] button

2.) Browse to ex: "KCLT_G-Poly" top folder containing a \Scenery sub-folder with your custom G-Poly library / placement BGL(s) and mapped \Texture sub-folder

3.) Double-click that folder so that the \Scenery and \Texture sub-folders are showing in the browse dialog

4.) Click somewhere in the white space of the browse dialog showing the \Scenery and \Texture sub-folders

5.) Click [OK] button (FS re-indexes scenery library, returns to FS Main Menu)

GaryGB

Last edited:
I shall refer you once again to the section entitled: "Drawing a Hydro Polygon" in Luis Feliz-Tirado's tutorial:

Terrain Design

sendfile.php

File Description:
Terrain Design for Flight Simulator X

Hi Gary,

I remember going over this tutorial a while back, and I read over some of it again, especially about the flattens. The things regarding the hydro polygons I don't think are important to what I'm doing. I've followed the instructions about the flattens and created a bgl flattened but it still has not solved the problem with the ramp I'm trying to place using IS3. I even used the Convert and Place Wizard in MCX and placed the ramp at the exact altitude of 228 meters and at the same location. It still has the same problem. I created a flattened in SbuilderX and placed it at 228 meters and over the concerned area. There's no difference. To test this out, I created a cement ramp that was in SbuilderX and placed it in the sim. Well, it never shows up. So, I disabled, or unchecked the FSDT_KCLT Scenery from the Scenery Library to see if it shows up. Sure enough, it was placed exactly where I placed it. It simply will not work in this 3rd party scenery, and I've spent hours trying to figure this out. Everything is placed just fine whenever I use a default scenery. And it does say in the tutorial that the first step in terrain design is to take a close look at the default elements and examine the default scenery. I'm working with a very complex 3rd party scenery, and I wonder if these tools include or will work with very complex sceneries like this. I really don't think the disappearance of the ramp that I'm seeing as I'm moving the ramp using IS3 is due to the airport not being flattened nor the terrain. The airport is already perfectly flattened. In tmfviewer, even the terrain where I'm trying to place my ramp is perfectly flat over the entire area. When trying to place my ramp using IS3, what I'm seeing, as I'm moving my ramp around the airport, is sometimes fully visible and other times, depending on where I'm at, bits of it disappears and hides under some of the terrain. I can move my ramp to another location and the entire ramp is fully visible. When I move it to where I want to place it, portions of it disappears, even though the terrain is perfectly flat.

2.) Browse to ex: "KCLT_G-Poly" top folder containing a \Scenery sub-folder with your custom G-Poly library / placement BGL(s) and mapped \Texture sub-folder

Yes, I knew how to add sceneries to the scenery library. But you stated something here that's very interesting, and I want to get straight. You said, "and mapped \ Texture subfolder." Whenever I create a scenery file in SbuilderX, is it supposed to also generate or create a texture file for my texture folder, or am I supposed to have a texture to place in that texture folder? It's never created or generated any textures for my texture folder. I don't think this is my problem but I would like to know if they should generate the textures for my texture folder. I don't guess it would generate a texture file when I create a flattened. By the way, my layers are above the FSDT Scenery layer. Below, are my ramp file. When you get a chance, see if you can place it in your Demo FSDT scenery. The texture is inside the zip and is already a dds and all you have to do is place it in the texture folder, or Addon Scenery\texture folder.

Ken.

Attachments

• KCLT New Ramp.bgl
    1.7 KB · Views: 127
  • kclt_asph_04.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

[EDITED]

Place the Area layer with your flatten above the FSDT KCLT scenery Area Layer(s) in the FS Scenery Library GUI . :pushpin:

[END_EDIT]

GaryGB

I don't guess it would generate a texture file when I create a flatten.

By the way, my layers are above the FSDT Scenery layer.

Below, are my ramp file(s). When you get a chance, see if you can place it in your Demo FSDT scenery. The texture is inside the zip and is already a dds and all you have to do is place it in the texture folder, or Addon Scenery\texture folder.

Ken.

Please also attach the Airport Background (aka "Airport Boundary") Flatten CVX Vector Polygon Type-148 BGL you created in SBuilderX for the area in question.

BTW: No a Texture is not mapped by SDK SHP2VEC onto a "Flatten-only" Airport Background (aka "Airport Boundary") Flatten CVX Vector Polygon:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/world/terrain/vector_shape_properties_guids.html

PropertyGUID

Airport_Backgrounds_Flatten {47D48287-3ADE-4FC5-8BEC-B6B36901E612}

Also see:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/world/terrain/terrain_overview.html#The Shp2Vec Tool

GaryGB

Last edited:
Please also attach the Airport Background (aka "Airport Boundary") Flatten CVX Vector Polygon Type-148 BGL you created in SBuilderX for the area in question.

Also see:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/world/terrain/terrain_overview.html#The Shp2Vec Tool

Hi Gary,

Thanks for those links. Here's the Flatten I first used in SbuilderX. It's the type 148 - AB_Flatten_MaskClassMap_ExcludeAutogen. I don't know why I didn't think to attach this the other night. Just in case, I've also attached the SbuilderX project file.

Ken.

Attachments

• CVX_PROJECT.BGL
    228 bytes · Views: 121
  • KCLT Flatten.zip
    920 bytes · Views: 129
Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

Although I do see a failure to exclude vehicles in the parking area adjacent to your KCLT new terminal, I am not certain I am seeing the terrain anomalies you have reported above. :scratchch

Please install the FinneyGround Crosshairs_Plus aircraft ...as linked and described in these threads: :pushpin:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/337851-finney-crosshairs-in-fsx/

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=chplus.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Jim+Robinson&CatID=root&Go=Search

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...-for-jersey-channel-islands.22634/post-150485

Take screenshots in the FinneyGround Crosshairs_Plus aircraft cockpit (with no gauges showing), and save a FS Flight *.FLT file for each screenshot, so I can see exactly from the same vantage point ...what you saw in FS.

Package the *.FLT files in a ZIP file, attach it to a reply along with detailed screenshots, and Ill take another look. ;)

NOTE: When such saved FS *.FLT files are saved into:

C:\Users\[user profile name]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\

...they can reproduce a camera viewpoint similar to that of Placemark *.KMZ files saved to 'My Places' in Google Earth. :pushpin:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Although I do see a failure to exclude vehicles in the parking area adjacent to your KCLT new terminal, I am not certain I am seeing the terrain anomalies you have reported above. :scratchch

Did you noticed the files that I've attached above, KCLT New Ramp.bgl and the texture file kclt_asph_04, which is inside a zip file? Place the KCLT New Ramp.bgl in the Addon Scenery\scenery folder and the texture file kclt_aph_04.dds that's inside the zip into the Addon Scenery\texture folder. Then load the sim and launch IS3 and try to see if you can place the ramp onto the parking space area where all of it shows and it's right on the ground. Depending on where you're at in the scenery, you might not see the ramp when you grab it from IS3. If you need to, just open the properties and set the altitude to 12 meters and it should come into view, but you'll most likely be several feet above the ground.

I've just realize something while I was creating these screenshot. When I grabbed my KCLT Ramp from IS3 and moved to a location where I thought the scenery is not part of the FSDT_KCLT scenery, the ramp was giving me the same problem there. And as far as I know, the scenery is a default scenery outside the airport boundary. But I noticed that the scenery, every outside the airport boundary is not flat. It could be that the FSDT KCLT covers a larger area than I thought. Notice the image:

KCLT_Ramp 4.jpg

This area looks to me to be a default scenery but notice how the ramp still disappears. When I created the flattened file in SbuilderX, I just flattened the parking space area, and I wonder if I need to flatten the entire airport.

In the screenshot below, notice how the entire ramp is visible:

KCLT_Ramp 1.jpg

When I move it to the right about an inch, this is what happens:

KCLT_Ramp 2.jpg
KCLT_Ramp 2.jpg

save a FS Flight *.FLT file for each screenshot, so I can see exactly from the same vantage point ...what you saw in FS.

Package the *.FLT files in a ZIP file, attach it to a reply along with detailed screenshots, and Ill take another look. ;)

I've tried opening the saved flights to make sure they work but it keeps saying that it can't find the files and aborts. They only work when they're in their original locations. I've also noticed that the saved flights does not save the ramp I had placed earlier. So, the only thing I know is to see the screen shots above.

Ken.

Attachments

• KCLT_Cockpit View of Ramp.zip
    353.9 KB · Views: 147
Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

When a FS flight session is saved, (3) files are generated:

*.FLT (Flight-related info)

*.FSSAVE (Windows GUI Game-related info)

*.WX (Weather-related info)

I am requesting only the *.FLT files for the screenshots, and NOT the *.FSSAVE files.

FYI: If you browse:

C:\Users\[user profile name]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\ sub-folder

...you should find them there.

GaryGB

Oh, well I sent you the wrong files then. Here are the FLT files.

Hi Gary,
I tested those files that I sent you ealier and for some reason they did not save my ramp placement. I must have used the old one that I had already place and used the same one. I put them in the Scenery Library and now the ramp shows up when I load the FLT. So, used these files instead. I don't know if you had already tried to use the files that I've sent you already but I'm going to delete that post and send you these new one. I tested one of them and it works. I hope they'll show on yours.

Ken.

Attachments

• KCLT Top View of Ramp.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

Please install the FinneyGround Crosshairs_Plus aircraft ...as linked and described in these threads: :pushpin:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/337851-finney-crosshairs-in-fsx/

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=chplus.zip&CatID=root&Go=Search

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Jim+Robinson&CatID=root&Go=Search

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/t...-for-jersey-channel-islands.22634/post-150485

Take screenshots in the FinneyGround Crosshairs_Plus aircraft cockpit (with no gauges showing), and save a FS Flight *.FLT file for each screenshot, so I can see exactly from the same vantage point ...what you saw in FS.

NOTE: When such saved FS *.FLT files are saved into:

C:\Users\[user profile name]\Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\

...they can reproduce a camera viewpoint similar to that of Placemark *.KMZ files saved to 'My Places' in Google Earth. :pushpin:

GaryGB

Hi Ken:

I am trying to see what you see from a FS camera viewpoint in order to illustrate the terrain anomaly which reportedly impacts your G-Poly of the Ramp below your KCLT new terminal 3D model.

If there are special camera views which best illustrate the anomaly cited above which you wish to have me see, please take your screenshots from the FinneyGround Crosshairs_Plus aircraft cockpit view.

Although I have requested above, that you use the FinneyGround Crosshairs_Plus aircraft cockpit view\, please note that your *.FLT files attached above show that you instead used the Trike. :alert:

KCLT Cockpit View of Ramp.FLT

[Sim.0]
Sim=Aircreation582SL red

KCLT Top View of Ramp.FLT

[Sim.0]
Sim=Aircreation582SL red

In addition to allowing me to see what you see, this process is intended to minimize my personal time involved in troubleshooting complexities involved in customizing FSDT KCLT, which utilizes highly complex and proprietary methods to inject scenery objects into FS at run time via methods that may (possibly) not be modifiable by SDK methods.

Please read more carefully- and abide by- my request, if you wish to have me allocate time to this ongoing inquiry. ;)

Again, I am going to advise you to post this inquiry in the FSDT support forums to ask Umberto Colapicchioni aka "Virtuali" ...whether / how one may exclude scenery injected by the FSDT AddonManager utility program(s). :pushpin:

GaryGB

Last edited:
Hi Gary,

Sorry about that. I didn't realize you specially wanted me to use this tool. I have the FinneyGround Crosshairs_Plus, but I've noticed you included Aircraft, but I think the one I have is what you're referring to. It has all the enhancements your links referred to. I don't use it a lot of times because of the loud noise it makes. I just hit Q on my keyboard to turn it off. But the thing I really like about it is that it gives you accurate height and position. One thing I did found out by using this tool is that my ramp actually slopes downward as I move towards the North, and that seems to explain why my ramp is not laying along the same slope as the model. This may not be important to you but I posted this screenshot just in case:

KCLT G Poly 1.jpg

Where my ramp begins, you can see that the crosshair is below my ramp, and it's even slightly below the FSDT tarmac itself. I think it's because the elevation data is set at 228 meters while the airport file is 227.99 meters, which is 0.3937 inches. When I raise it and place it on my ramp, the elevation is over 228 meters. As I move down the ramp towards the North, my ramp starts disappearing under the FSDT main scenery.

Well, I hope these files help you this time, and I hope I got it right. In the zip file below, I have the FLT name and number matched the same for the jpeg files to make it easier for you to determine what FLT file goes with which screenshot. Let me know if I did it correctly.

Ken.

Attachments

• KCLT Ramp 1.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Country
us-illinois
Hi Ken:

Thanks for providing these latter useful *.FLTs; I have loaded and executed these *.FLT files, which display in (2) phases:

* FSDT KCLT scenery displayed at its animated 'below ground' position and without local detailed objects / G-Polys

...followed in less than a minute by:

* FSDT KCLT scenery displayed at its animated 'above ground' position and with local detailed objects / G-Polys

FYI: Thus far I am not certain I am able to see your replacement G-Poly in any of the views launched by these *.FLT files.

I will take another look at them again tomorrow to see if I can visualize your custom G-Poly after the FSDT KCLT loads.

I shall also post screenshots of what these (2) phase run time renders show on my FSX installation of FSDT KCLT demo.

PS: You need not attempt to "fly" the FinneyGround Crosshairs_Plus aircraft; just use it in FS 'slew' mode. :idea:

GaryGB

Last edited: