• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Prepar3D v4.4 PBR materials

Country
russia
That's right, I did not apply PBR textures, but I think that soon I will have questions about this.
I just make the runway, just like I always did. Everything is as usual, but this time the layer of dirt and bitumen is not displayed on the surface. If I do it separately, everything turns out and both layers are correctly displayed in the simulator.

Last edited:
Country
russia
You should check on shadows in sim under Simulation Objects i think.
No, I'm sorry! I just did not compile correctly. Applied for FSX. So far the problem has remained even with negative Z-Bias.
I did what you said, but before, I always did a positive Z-Bias and everything was displayed correctly.
Desktop Screenshot 2018.12.15 - 20.31.10.62.png

Last edited:
Country
russia
I want to explain a little what I want ...
The screen below shows my work for Prepar4.3
I want to get the same picture in Prepar4.4, but slightly change the look of concrete slabs
Prepar3D-Screenshot-2018_12.07---15_35_19.thumb.jpg.d825c249d923c79ade176b2c3dd6053e.jpg
Prepar3D-Screenshot-2018_12.07---15_39_57.thumb.jpg.8416dd43573dc52430cc2b2097313618.jpg

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
If this is not about PBR materials I wonder why you posted it in this thread and not in a new thread....

I made some changes to the GPW yesterday, so let me check if something has broken there. Positive or negative layers does not matter, the GPW will change the sign if needed (e.g. make them negative for P3D mdl files).

Country
russia
If this is not about PBR materials I wonder why you posted it in this thread and not in a new thread....

I made some changes to the GPW yesterday, so let me check if something has broken there. Positive or negative layers does not matter, the GPW will change the sign if needed (e.g. make them negative for P3D mdl files).
Arno, I apologize for being off topic. I registered here yesterday and did not want to create a separate topic without studying the forum, but this takes a lot of time. I still do not know English well, I saw the name of the topic similar to the new "PBR" functionality and decided to write here.

Country
israel
Well after some testing its just was a broken boot lol. im guessing my pc doing memes to me but sorry for all the mess here sorry arno its not your amazing program <3

Country
israel
Arno I found a bug
All my textures are named in lowercase letters and all of my texture paths are lower case too.
How could a D drive be a small d (not as it should be at least).

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Why would that be a bug? Windows is not case sensitive when it comes to paths.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands

I have checked what goes on with the GPW, but I think it's a problem in the v4.4 XtoMDL. It seems that the ZBias value is not stored correctly for non-PBR materials. The code that worked before now results in a ZBias of 0 in the MDL file. The GPW then uses the default layer value of 8, which is what you see. I'll do some more checking to make sure it is not a bug on my side.

Country
russia
I have checked what goes on with the GPW, but I think it's a problem in the v4.4 XtoMDL. It seems that the ZBias value is not stored correctly for non-PBR materials. The code that worked before now results in a ZBias of 0 in the MDL file. The GPW then uses the default layer value of 8, which is what you see. I'll do some more checking to make sure it is not a bug on my side.
Arno, hello! Thank you for your efforts! I look forward to the moment when everything works as it should. It's a pity if this error in XtoMDL takes your time! Yesterday I also tried 3DMAX to change the textures on the PBR and was surprised that the MCX works with the PBR material and sets the layers correctly.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
I guess for now if you don't use PBR materials just export at P3D v4 MDL in the GPW (instead of 4.4). The only reason to use the 4.4 exporter would be PBR anyway,

Country
russia
I'll do it. But I only have version 4.3 of the earlier versions of the SDK ... I think it should work. We will wait for the bug fix in the SDK from the developers of this SDK.

Country
germany
Hi @arno,

would it be possible to make the Diffuse Color also visible for P3D v44 PBR in the material settings. It has quite an impact, even when you have a diffuse texture, which seems to be something new.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
What do you mean with make it visible? The diffuse color should be in the editor already.

Country
germany
What do you mean with make it visible? The diffuse color should be in the editor already.

But when I filter it to P3D PBR, it is gone... and I have to chose P3D again just to change this one value.. and also it is easy to forget. It is not a big deal and no deal breaker of course ;)

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
OK, let me check, sounds like I forgot to tag that one.

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
You were right, this attribute missed a tag. I have added it now and it will be in the next development release.