• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v4 Prepar3D Version 5 - April 14

Country
france
will ADE have an option to change some slopes in the airport ? or it depends on the mesh file?

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
ADE supports everything that is allowed in the SDK. There are several options available. Some options appear to follow the terrain while others allow the user to determine things like altitude for taxi points, parking and aprons. You should be able to check for your self next week.

Country
us-florida
Lots of negative posts everywhere on P3dv5. Certainly P3d5 is not FS2020. But one thing its important to note, no one is obligated to buy P3dv5. And also no one is obligated to wait for FS2020 to be released in order to enjoy a great sim.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
IMO, P3D v5 can permit to us to continue to develop for "simulation" but I doubt MSFS2020 would allow it in the sense that we meant it. ...

Country
germany
There are always people who hate things that they have never seen in their life with a passion. And the opposite type as well...

Personally I am looking forward to both new MS and P3D simulators.

From mobile hence short

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Personally I think the only people qualified to comment on either sim at the moment are those who have access to them. I said it earlier and I will say it again. They are aimed a different audiences. Dependng on which audience you are in will drive both your hopes and hates.

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
I'm sorry to provoke such a reaction from GSNDE but I've had access to the Alpha versions for 2 months and it's not a matter of liking or disliking but of seeing the current architecture of the simulator/game that brings me to this personal observation.
It is just my 2 cents ;)

Country
germany
My comment was not directed to you. Roland above you mentioned the many negative comments about the new P3dv5.

I fail to see how people can comment about an unreleased software.

From mobile hence short

Country
us-florida
I'm sorry to provoke such a reaction from GSNDE but I've had access to the Alpha versions for 2 months and it's not a matter of liking or disliking but of seeing the current architecture of the simulator/game that brings me to this personal observation.
It is just my 2 cents ;)

Very true, and on the face of it, P3d just got another boost:

So most of the people who have invested heavily on P3d will continue to enjoy their investment in p3d5.

Country
germany
It seems that I am not able to bring my message over this time, so again :)

1. I will buy P3Dv5 tomorrow and I am sure that it is a great improvement, like all version before have been
2. I will buy the new MS Simulator the day it is released, and from what I have seen so far I am sure it will be a worthwhile experience.
3. The only thing I was trying to articulate above is that I don’t understand the many negative emotions that so many people feel the need to express about things to come.

Sorry for not having been able to made that clear from the beginning.

Country
us-alabama
gsnde, I understood that very well! I also fail to understand why people feel the need to denigrate products that they have neither used nor owned. The reasoning that XXX looks better in a video holds no water for me. I come from the school of "Show Me", so I want to see the products myself and make up my own mind. As Arno pointed out both products are targeted to different audiences and that should be good enough, but some people must always show their immaturity.

n4gix

Resource contributor
Country
unitedstates
Since the NDA on P3Dv5 was lifted at the time of L-M's announcement, I can unequivocally give it a huge thumbs up! It is a very nice improvement, and it can only get better. Are there still a few "warts"?

Of course there are because pobody is nerfect! :rotfl:

Last edited:
Country
indonesia
I like to say "everybody is perfect, their judged isn't perfect".

I like this moment, compete for better future. Regardless like or dislike.

be save and health everyone...

DragonflightDesign

Resource contributor
Country
northernireland
Bill's right. Also, we're still beta-testing right up to the wire; I still have a couple of bug reports outstanding which LM are looking at. At this point they'll probably go into a patch.

Country
unitedkingdom
I’ll pick this up in the morning and have a good look at it. Won’t stop me getting MSFS when it comes out, but at least I know I can make my own stuff for P3Dv5!

Country
us-texas
I am liking how smooth it is, and the environment effects....nice! However the vegetation autogen....ugh!

Also, they have improved the F-35 physics quite a lot (Dino Catteneo?).....I love how heavy it feels, and how realistically it accelerates.

Probably more of a topic for the dev forums, but all my V3 sceneries seem to work, but the LOD/3D Lights don't glow as much,and are actually quite dim.....but no biggie really. I'll have to play with lighting effects a little.

David
PSE5.jpg

Country
us-texas
for those of you were wondering, or hoping.................NO.......they still haven't fixed the IK_WheelsGroundLock handle :eek::rotfl:

sinking wheels.jpg

Lagaffe

Resource contributor
Country
france
Hi,

I have just switched to Windows 10 edition 2004 and I confirm : my VRam data under P3D v5 goes from 3.9 / 6.7 GB to 3.9 / 7.1 GB. (LFOZ scenery from France-VFR,)

This change (more 400 Mo) is very beneficial because I have in addition more fluidity and the VRam is released more quickly.

Windows-10-Edit-2004.jpg

Country
unitedkingdom
I’ll pick this up in the morning and have a good look at it. Won’t stop me getting MSFS when it comes out, but at least I know I can make my own stuff for P3Dv5!
I did pick it up. At the moment, v5 has serious problems with the AMD 5xxx series graphics cards, and LM aren't yet on top of it. Surprisingly, they don't have a rig with this graphics card in their studio (according to a reply from them on their forum), so it may be a while before this is sorted out. A shame, as it looks like a worthwhile improvement.