• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

Problam with ADE compile

Country
england
Jon

When I click on compile I get a message saying "cannot find a part of a path to xxxxx\xxx\xx\xml\LKBE_ADE_MS.xml" see attached.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong but its very recent. Can you help, normally I do not save anything to xml

Dave

Attachments

• ADE_problem.jpg
    ADE_problem.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 215
Country
us-newjersey
Jon,

I'm having the same issue that Dave is having. Same error msg on every compile. Also, ADE doesn't create the XML file even though I have it set to create one. The airport bgl is created correctly, however.

I'll send you a log soon.

Jay

Last edited:
Country
england
Jon,

I think I may have found my problem.
I have a Western Digital Drive that has a lock on it, every time I need to access this drive I have to unlock it. However when the drive is locked the drive letter changes and as the drive storing ADE uses a later letter then this may also change. I'm doing some further tests and will report back.

Dave

Country
us-newjersey
Jon (and Dave),

I sent a log file and screenshots of the error.

I forgot that I had saved a copy of my 165 folder on a different drive (just being cautious!), so, on a whim I copied the folder back to it's original location (where the error msg is looking for the path) and voila, no more error msg, and it now saves the xml file in the proper location as well. I know that doesn't fix it, but it's a start!

Jay

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
ADE paths are set in Settings> Options. In particular you can set specific folders for the project file (.ad4), XML source file and compiled Bgl file. You can even tell ADE that you don't want to save the XML file. The default settings for project are set in Settings > Options > Project. Check these to make sure they do point to real folders. Make sure also that you restart ADE after making these changes.

Also ADE lets you set specific folders on a project by project basis. Yes it may seem like too much choice, In the end it is hard to debug a specific users setup because of this flexibility.

This article covers the main aspects of setting compile options and folders: https://scruffyduck.screenstepslive...5?id=255596-how-do-i-set-compile-options-1-65

Country
us-newjersey
Jon,

Just to follow up, I checked my settings under the tab: Settings > Options > Project and I have "Save Xml > With Project File" selected. It does point to a real folder. For some reason at compile it wants to save the XML to an old folder, that being the version 165 folder that no longer existed. It's not a big problem and I found a workaround, which is to put a 165 folder at the path it is looking for.

Happy New Year!

Jay