• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Problem remove costum object from default.xml

Country
italy
:(

I have strange problem, I wanted to try to take away my belongings from default.xml files that I created by adding my items, or tried to take away should be simple:
Load the file with default.xml AutogenEditor, I view these objects, select my 4 lights and Remove do, I save with the same name.

The file is generated but loses other items that I have not removed, in fact you no longer see two objects added previously.

Loading in annotator recognize them as library objects 2 remaining ... but not in P3D.

The removed items are part of 4 different classes from those always remained mine.
I tried to remove by hand default.xml objects by editing the file but it does not work.

There is a special procedure to remove objects?

Some idea?......

arno

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
netherlands
Hi,

Why not just use Notepad or a text editor to remove the objects you added? It should be quite easy to find and remove the related code.

Country
italy
:rolleyes:

Arno Hello, I tried to lift by hand with notepad strings related to my objects
but oddly once loaded into P3D other 2 classes are not
display, that's what I do not understand ....

Example:
I created in the past
1 streets lights class
1 high voltage class
Class 1 Traffic lights

I made my autogen

Now removing only the street lights class, P3D semaphores and the high voltage pylons no longer see well.
using both doing with AutogenEditor than doing it by hand with Notepad ... this is very strange.

If I delete only the objects and keep the lights class roads, the lights disappear
but my traffic lights and high voltage can still be seen, it is OK.
But as soon as I delete the empty class (which now contains nothing) street lights, here again the traffic lights and the high voltage poles also disappear.

I checked the default.xml files and looks good, is identical to the other without the part of the streets lights class. Mystery why does not work?

RK0fItL.jpg

To work around this problem I had to redo a new default.xml adding only semaphores class and high class tension.

So now it works again, and you can still see my items on my autogen old, because I left the same guid old class.

What I can not explain is why raising only 1 class then I do not see the other does nothing ..... ok, now it goes well.
Thank you...:)

Last edited: