Problem w/ADE ??

I just started creating a new Airport.
Had ADE/FSX running and an existing airport loaded into FSX and both connected.

Filled in Info Fields in Create New Airport Window.
Now I chose Save

Message pops up: Do I want to save current airport, the one previously opened and loaded in FSX.

I choose NO, no need to save as I’d not modified that in any way and didn’t want to save it.

Computer Freezes. Ctrl/Alt/Delete several times finally get all shut down.

Please don’t misconstrue this as a complaint; ADE is going to provide me with A great deal of joy I’m sure.

Just wanted to let you folks know in case it’s a problem that needs correcting.

Thanks,
alb

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
I just tried it here but could not get the lock up you describe. Is it reproduceable? If it is can you look in the task bar and see if there is a window that opened behind the main window instead of in front?

It sounds like having ADE and FSX connected and then switching to a new airport may have had something to do with it. Jon, is it possible to have ADE turn off the FSX connection when switching to a new airport?

Greetings Jon, Yes it's reproduceable. Just did it a second time.
It won't allow me to save the new airport info. I didn't even get as far as I did with with it before, when I got the message "do you want to save"
I just chose save after filling in the info and "lockup"

I very very seldom have had a lockup with any program.

Dell
1024x768
ATI Radeon X850 Series w/256
WinXP SP2
3.6 GHz
Lots of Free Disk Space

Now I'm worried

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
It sounds like having ADE and FSX connected and then switching to a new airport may have had something to do with it. Jon, is it possible to have ADE turn off the FSX connection when switching to a new airport?
Yes we could do that, although it has not been necessary so far in my experience. Maybe has something to do with the new airport

Just a thought.
I started working on this airport the other day using ur
ADE beta. Had no problems cuz (maybe) I wasn't connected via
simConnect.
Gotta go for a spell, Kids/Grandkids are comming over for
supper and a visit.
Later,
alb

I have tried to reproduce the problem but could not. I answered "No" to save the current airport and it created the new one at the position I requested. In fact, the position was where I had slewed the user aircraft to in FSX, but this shouldn't matter.

George