• Which the release of FS2020 we see an explosition of activity on the forun and of course we are very happy to see this. But having all questions about FS2020 in one forum becomes a bit messy. So therefore we would like to ask you all to use the following guidelines when posting your questions:

• Tag FS2020 specific questions with the MSFS2020 tag.
    • Questions about making 3D assets can be posted in the 3D asset design forum. Either post them in the subforum of the modelling tool you use or in the general forum if they are general.
    • Questions about aircraft design can be posted in the Aircraft design forum
    • Questions about airport design can be posted in the FS2020 airport design forum. Once airport development tools have been updated for FS2020 you can post tool speciifc questions in the subforums of those tools as well of course.
    • Questions about terrain design can be posted in the FS2020 terrain design forum.
    • Questions about SimConnect can be posted in the SimConnect forum.

Any other question that is not specific to an aspect of development or tool can be posted in the General chat forum.

By following these guidelines we make sure that the forums remain easy to read for everybody and also that the right people can find your post to answer it.

P3D v3 Problem with 01.75.6421.26577 PRO

Country
unitedstates
Just downloaded and installed program yesterday and it seemed that everything was going very well until I tried to add a runway link and produced only a taxi link. Here is a screenshot:

I tried changing the default but the option was greyed out.

Kinda bizarre. Can it be fixed?:scratchch
upload_2017-9-13_10-23-58.png

Appreciate all you help and patience with us computer illiterate people in comparison anyway.;)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
You can only create a runway link on a runway. It has to start and end on the same runway. It looks to me like you tried to add a runway link in open space. In this case it will be forced to a taxilink since it is invalid as a runway link. BTW ADE has always worked this way.

Country
unitedstates
Jon,

Thanks always for your quick responses. Yes I did draw that one off the runway (my bad) but the even on the runway it results in a taxilink I will send another screenshot.

upload_2017-9-13_11-42-49.png

I hope that helps.

Tom

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Not sure what I am looking at There is a blue taxi link on that runway but I can only see one end of it - where is the other end - both ends need to be on the runway. I just ran some tests and can't replicate the change from a runway link (using the runway link option from the button bar) to a taxi link unless one or both ends is off the runway or are on different runways. If I draw another type such as a taxi link on a runway then it stays as a taxi link

Country
unitedstates
Third time is a charm.

upload_2017-9-13_12-21-13.png

I will try to make a runway from scratch and see if hat changes anything.

Tom

Country
unitedstates
Jon, :)

I think I solved it. If I delete the exit paths from the runway and draw the runway link then relink the exits it works fine. It seems that it is inheriting the properties of the attached pathways. I didn't have this happen in the previous version so I don't know if I would call it a bug. Anyway it seems to work fine if I am careful on how the linking sequence goes.
Thanks a bunch have a great day.
BTW I really like this new version hopefully no more bugs;)

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
OK. Inheritance of properties could indeed do it. That has been in ADE for quite a long time

scruffyduck

Administrator
Staff member
FSDevConf team
Resource contributor
Country
unitedkingdom
Oh there will be bugs ;) And some things that might be called bugs are actually features :)